    objective I was wondering typically if it is exam extensive.

    Thanks
    simon.
    Simon Hart, Feb 27, 2006

  2. Simon Hart

    Cerebrus Guest

    Hi Simon,

    I wonder what you mean by "Exam extensive".

    As far as ADO.NET is concerned, I have found that a deep knowledge of
    this technology is simply imperative for passing any of the MCSD exams.
    (maybe with the exception of 70-300). And I think that's a good thing,
    since it is so important in usual development work too.

    I don't remember any questions on SQL as such, but basic knowledge of
    SQL should help, atleast to understand various data related questions.

    Since you're planning to give this exam, I would refer you to an
    excellent article on this exam by Randy Cornish :

    http://dotnet.sys-con.com/read/38848.htm

    Regards,

    Cerebrus.
    Cerebrus, Feb 27, 2006

  3. Simon Hart

    Simon Hart Guest

    Hi Cerebrus,

    Interesting name! Thanks for the link.

    What I mean by "Exam extensive" is, what sort of level of knowledge of
    ADO.NET is required. As many of the MCAD study walk-through books I have
    read, do not cover advanced features that are available under ADO.NET. Yet
    under exam 70-316 I took recently, there was quite a bit of ADO.NET in
    there, not so much SQL though. So this time I have been studying ADO.NET and
    DataSets in somewhat more-depth than last time.

    Regards
    Simon.

    Simon Hart, Feb 27, 2006
  4. Simon Hart

    Cerebrus Guest

    Hi Simon,

    >> Interesting name! Thanks for the link.

    Gee, Thanks ! ;-)

    For getting up to speed in ADO.NET, I did read up on some topics in the
    Online help, paying special notice to exceptions (to normal behaviour)
    and oddities, which are usually mentioned in the "Remarks" portion. As
    I said, you can expect a lot of ADO.NET questions in all exams.

    >> So this time I have been studying ADO.NET and
    >> DataSets in somewhat more-depth than last time.

    Cool ! Lemme know how you score. Best of Luck !

    Regards,

    Cerebrus.
    Cerebrus, Feb 27, 2006