How many ways to watch Media Center recording on another TV?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Lew, Jul 3, 2006.

  1. Lew

    Lew Guest

    How many different ways are there to watch something recorded on a
    Media Center computer?

    I have the HP Media Center upstairs and the big TV downstairs. Right
    now I am burning the recorded show on a DVD+RW, and playing it on a
    simple DVD player hooked up to the big TV.
    So that's one way (see #1 below).

    How many other ways are there? I've listed all the ones I have
    discovered below. Please add any more you can think of.

    1. Record the Media Center show to a DVD and watch it using a TV and
    DVD player.
    2. Use WinTV on a notebook with it's S-video output hooked up to the TV
    downstairs. The notebook is on network and just plays a shared file on
    the Media Center computer. (I tried this -- I could never get the
    Inspiron 4000's S-video to play the movie on the TV)
    3. D-link Media Lounge.
    4. Linksys Media Extender.
    5. www.orb.com -- use an old (spare) desktop hooked up to the network,
    driving the TV via some sort of video card with video output suitable
    to the TV.
    6. Slingbox -- similar to #5.
    7. HP X5400.

    Thanks for any ideas.