    Does anyone have experience with a single area comprised of about 150
    routers? I'm a little nervous about pushing the limit.

    Thanks

    cisco_guru, Mar 23, 2006

  2. cisco_guru

    Kevin Widner Guest

    Quick question for you OSPF gurus::
    I know that Cisco states that 50-100 routers is the max for an OSPF
    area.
    Does anyone have experience with a single area comprised of about 150
    routers? I'm a little nervous about pushing the limit.

    I would think this depends heavily on the processing power of the
    routers involved (think lowest common denominator) and memory, how many
    routes are involved, is it fully meshed...

    I would think it is hard to pinpoint a breaking point and I wouldn't
    want to push the limit because you will have to cross your fingers
    every time you are ready to add that ONE more route!!

    Kevin Widner, Mar 23, 2006