    How many questions in 070-290?

    Thanks
    C.

    Carlos, Jun 1, 2006

  2. This exact question has been asked on this newsgroup more than I care to
    count. Several similar questions have been posted as well. Search this
    group for 70-290 and see what is already here. In addition to the
    information you specifically asked for, you will get some other useful
    insight.
    --
    John Strohecker, MCSE

    John Strohecker, Jun 1, 2006

  3. The great part is that you will have more than enough time to answer all the
    questions if you have half a clue about the test content. Don't worry too
    much, since 70-290 is not that bad of a test.

    Good luck!

    --
    Mostly Gizzards

    A+ Network+ MCSA

    Mostly Gizzards, Jun 1, 2006
  4. Carlos

    Guest Guest

    << While I was at work, John Strohecker spurted out:
    > This exact question has been asked on this newsgroup more than I care
    > to count. Several similar questions have been posted as well.
    > Search this group for 70-290 and see what is already here. In
    > addition to the information you specifically asked for, you will get
    > some other useful insight.
    >
    >> How many questions in 070-290?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> C.

    Is that you John??? Didn't you, not too long ago, chastise me for answering a
    similar question in this same exact manner?

    Isn't it amazing how people's views change once they've been around a while.
    --
    BD
    MCNGP #00110011

    Guest, Jun 1, 2006
  5. It is me. I don't recall ever directly criticizing one of your answers, but
    I would point out that tone of the response is as important as the content.
    I made a concerted effort to be civil to the OP as opposed to the more
    common, "if you are too lazy to use google then you'll be a failure anyway."

    I have no problem pointing folks in the right direction if the info is
    already available. Heck...probably half of the answers I post on these
    newsgroups are just hyperlinks. When you act like a jerk about it, that's a
    different story. Folks post on these groups looking for help from people
    more knowledgable then they are. So I do what I can to help.

    For what it's worth, I don't think my views have changed on this at all.
    Without searching I would guess that if I made a comment about one of your
    answers it was because the response in question was unnecesarily aggressive
    and negative.
    --
    John Strohecker, MCSE

    John Strohecker, Jun 1, 2006
  6. Carlos

    Guest Guest

    << While I was at work, John Strohecker spurted out:
    > It is me. I don't recall ever directly criticizing one of your
    > answers, but I would point out that tone of the response is as
    > important as the content. I made a concerted effort to be civil to
    > the OP as opposed to the more common, "if you are too lazy to use
    > google then you'll be a failure anyway."
    >
    > I have no problem pointing folks in the right direction if the info is
    > already available. Heck...probably half of the answers I post on
    > these newsgroups are just hyperlinks. When you act like a jerk about
    > it, that's a different story. Folks post on these groups looking for
    > help from people more knowledgable then they are. So I do what I can
    > to help.
    >
    > For what it's worth, I don't think my views have changed on this at
    > all. Without searching I would guess that if I made a comment about
    > one of your answers it was because the response in question was
    > unnecesarily aggressive and negative.

    I see your point and you're right, but I'm just a real @$$hole and I show very
    little tolerance toward people that simply can't spend a little time to figure
    something out. That type of behavior is something I expect from the cluzers here
    in the office, but not of the people that are looking to be Professionals in
    this industry.

    This whole industry revolves around Research, yet these people want to know how
    many questions are on a simple exam and can't figure it out. To top that off,
    they expect people that have taken the exams (and are bound by the NDA) to give
    them the answers. If I can be agressive enough to keep one of these halfwits
    from sneaking into our industry, I'm going to do it. And if my agressive
    behavior makes them stop and think for a second before they jump in and start
    asking more stupid questions, then again, I've done my job. (And yes, the number
    of questions on an exam *is* a stupid question.)

    I really don't remember if it was you, or even me, that the posts was about, I'm
    just bored...sinus headache has been hanging around all day.

    Good Day John

    Guest, Jun 1, 2006
  7. I gotcha. No harm, no foul.

    Hope you feel better.
    --
    John Strohecker, MCSE

    John Strohecker, Jun 1, 2006
  8. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Thanks
    I didn't know that a stupid question is so IMPORTANT for some people that
    spend a lot of time to respond it... so, people that spend a lot of time to
    respond studid questions are also the stupid responses (no stupid persons)

    I'm agree with your comments but if you look out all the posts, more that
    80% are the questions such as Trainings, Books, Questions, Experiences,
    etc..
    ----
    BD wrotte
    This whole industry revolves around Research, yet these people want to know
    how
    many questions are on a simple exam and can't figure it out.
    ----
    If the exam is simple so... Why do people ask this kind of thinks?
    ¿Which Research issues are resolved in the last 100 posts?

    If someone search a specialized question is obvious that there are other
    news.

    C.

    Carlos, Jun 2, 2006
  9. Carlos

    Guest Guest

    << While I was at work, Carlos spurted out:
    > Thanks
    > I didn't know that a stupid question is so IMPORTANT for some people
    > that spend a lot of time to respond it... so, people that spend a lot
    > of time to respond studid questions are also the stupid responses (no
    > stupid persons)

    The whole point of John's and my posts is that instead of wasting our time (on
    top of your time), you could have just spent a little time reading the previous
    posts for the answer to your question. Had you spent maybe an hour (at most)
    researching your question, you would have found your answer.

    > I'm agree with your comments but if you look out all the posts, more
    > that 80% are the questions such as Trainings, Books, Questions,
    > Experiences, etc..

    You are not restricted to this newsgroup just because you are working on your
    MCSA, questions like yours are very generic and have been asked many times in
    the other exam newsgroups as well.

    > ----
    > BD wrotte
    > This whole industry revolves around Research, yet these people want
    > to know how
    > many questions are on a simple exam and can't figure it out.
    > ----
    > If the exam is simple so... Why do people ask this kind of thinks?

    Maybe because some people just don't have a clue. The number of questions on an
    exam is irrelevant. What is relevant, is that you know the material before you
    go into the testing center. If you know the material, then you should have no
    problem answering even 1000 questions.

    > ¿Which Research issues are resolved in the last 100 posts?

    It's not the last 100 posts that you need to worry about researching, obviously
    that is pretty easy, just read them. What you need to worry about is one of the
    employees in your company contacting you because they can't log into the
    network, or they can't access their e-mail. You also need to worry about your
    less knowledgeable technicians asking you how to set up the DHCP on a Windows
    2000 Enterprise Server with 5 stub networks.

    Nobody is going to know everything, that is life...but, you need to have the
    knowledge to be able to research such issues. If you have to ask something as
    simple as "How many questions are on the exam?"...then you're not ready to take
    the exam.

    > If someone search a specialized question is obvious that there are
    > other news.
    >
    > C.

    I don't quite understand what you're trying to say here, but it sounds like
    you're complaining that John and I picked your question out of all the other
    questions in this newsgroup to answer. Funny!

    Guest, Jun 2, 2006
  10. John Strohecker wrote:
    > This exact question has been asked on this newsgroup more than I care to
    > count. Several similar questions have been posted as well. Search this
    > group for 70-290 and see what is already here. In addition to the
    > information you specifically asked for, you will get some other useful
    > insight.

    Just answer his question . . . Save yourself some typing.

    McKinley Morganfield, Jun 3, 2006
  11. Carlos

    TBone Guest

    And on the eigth day McKinley Morganfield <> did cause
    the electrons to come together and form the following words:

    > Just answer his question . . . Save yourself some typing.

    You are, of course, welcome to do the same.

    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    TBone, Jun 5, 2006
  12. Build a man a fire, he's warm for the night.

    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

    --
    Mostly Gizzards

    A+ Network+ MCSA

    Mostly Gizzards, Jun 5, 2006
  13. Carlos

    Harryensta Guest

    61, idiots. If your not going to answer the question don't post anything!

    Harryensta, Jun 8, 2006
  14. Carlos

    Guest Guest

    "Harryensta" <> wrote in message
    > 61, idiots. If your not going to answer the question don't post anything!

    WHERE the FU©K do you halfwits come from???

    ARE you MCP?

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP #00110011

    Guest, Jun 8, 2006
  15. 61 eh? What if I told you my 70-290 test was more/less than 61 questions?
    Then who is the idiot?

    --
    Mostly Gizzards

    A+ Network+ MCSA

    Mostly Gizzards, Jun 8, 2006
  16. Carlos

    Caroline Guest

    "Carlos" wrote:

    > How many questions in 070-290?
    >
    > Thanks
    > C.

    Hi Carlos,

    I had 50 questions.

    Caroline

    Caroline, Jul 3, 2006
  17. Carlos

    Caroline Guest

    "BD" wrote:

    > << While I was at work, Caroline spurted out:
    > > I had 50000000000000000 questions.

    > Wow, I can't believe the level of stupidity that graces these groups.

    I can't believe the arrogance of some in these groups.

    > #1, Why would you readily give someone...anyone....EVERYone....information that
    > you had to spend money your hard earned money to get?

    Sharing is a wonderfull thing, so is helping someone. If you can do that by
    just answering someones simple question, you should !

    > #2, How is the number of questions on YOUR exam relevant to the number of
    > questions on (whoever's) exam? M$ has (pick a high number) of exam
    > formats...that they are always changing. Now...you've told (whoever it was) that
    > there are 50 questions on the exam....What IF that person walks in....prepared
    > for a 50 question exam.....and he/she actually gets a 65 question exam??? All
    > you're doing is screwing people up...STOP IT!!! If someone wants to know the
    > number of questions...give them a general figure....45 to 70 is about right and
    > should cover most, if not all exams.

    Why should you give them a general figure? do you really think that knowing
    how many questions others have had on their exams is 'screwing people up'?
    How?

    > #3, Why would you give out information that clearly violates the M$ NDA? The #
    > of questions is a *variable* (as I stated above) any variable that M$ deems can
    > change at any time, falls within the guidelines of violating the Non-Disclosure
    > Agreement...which YOU signed when you took the exam. M$ does have a team of
    > people that monitor these ng's for NDA Violations

    Knowing how many questions you may get in an exam is not making the exam
    easier; you still don't know what the questions will be about. It is not
    making any difference in preparing for the test. So why should this be
    violating the NDA?

    >....If you're lucky, they'll
    > just give you a warning and nothing more.

    oooh noooo....thank god I'll stil be CCNA

    > Please people...think before you post!

    I think that the way you are responding to people here is something you
    should really think about.

    Caroline

    Caroline, Jul 6, 2006
  18. Carlos

    LnkWizard2 Guest

    "Caroline" <> wrote in message

    <snipped, sorry BD>

    > I think that the way you are responding to people here is something you
    > should really think about.
    >
    > Caroline

    If you decide to hang around here for an extended period of time you will
    be overwhelmed by the depths of stupidity and outright larcenous questions
    asked within this single newsgroup.

    Our responses are harsh and unforgiving on purpose. If you wish to ask for
    information that is covered by the NDA which, according to M$, includes
    the number of questions on an exam, you will get a sarcastic and rude
    answer.
    Asking and answering the questions are the same as cheating and can only
    lead to further devaluation of a once highly valuable and specialized
    certification.
    Those that ask for materials to cheat with (such as br@indumps) will be
    called
    a rather vile name and be picked on unmercifully. If they admit to using
    br@indumps their network and any identifying information is delivered to
    appropriate M$ individuals and also their employer if possible. However
    if you ask an opinion of a respected and trusted study source, we will
    be happy to share our many and varied opinions.

    If you ask questions that with 30 seconds of research on the questioners
    part could produce a plethora of answers means that they are too lazy
    and expect information to be just handed to them. IT is a field that
    requires a rather high level of researching ability and the self-discipline
    perform the research without resorting to just asking for answers.
    If you stay, you will find that a well thought out question citing the areas
    searched and information found will get many informative and helpful
    If you just pop in and ask, then the standard response is "Google is your
    friend".

    If these actions offend you, maybe you need to re-evaluate why you are
    in the IT field and possible consider a career change into a field that
    you are proud to be in. We are proud of IT want to see IT field
    return to its former glory and look forward to the day when IT
    professionals are once again respected for their knowledge and abilities.

    LnkWizard2, Jul 6, 2006
  19. Carlos

    Garth H Guest

    After ten years in the military and another ten dealing with regulatory
    compliance, I think it's probably safe to say that despite the
    interpretation by the tin foil hat crowd, saying you had 50 questions on
    your test is not going to prompt Microsoft to strip you of your cert.

    Rarely do you ever see "letter of the law" level enforcement without
    protracted "spirit of the law" violations.

    That said, I wouldn't say how many questions were on your exam AND at
    which testing center and when. That might raise an eyebrow.

    --
    Garth H

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Macromedia Certified Developer