    Is there about 11 posts for the 6th march as of 10.40am? Trying to establish
    the state of the clearnet newsserver which has been not connected to the
    outside world since friday morning although it appears it might be now.

    frajalistic, Mar 5, 2006

  2. frajalistic wrote:
    > Is there about 11 posts for the 6th march as of 10.40am? Trying to establish
    > the state of the clearnet newsserver which has been not connected to the
    > outside world since friday morning although it appears it might be now.

    Recent messages on the Xtra server with a date matching "*6*Mar*"...

    Re: Why Windows Vista Won't Suck
    Fred Dagg <>
    Mon, 06 Mar 2006 00:02:16 +1300

    Re: Copyright ring tones?
    Craig Shore <>
    Mon, 06 Mar 2006 00:03:45 +1300

    Re: Copyright ring tones?
    Craig Shore <>
    Mon, 06 Mar 2006 00:06:23 +1300

    Re: Why Windows Vista Won't Suck
    Fred Dagg <>
    Mon, 06 Mar 2006 00:09:03 +1300

    Re: Why Windows Vista Won't Suck
    Brendan <>
    Mon, 6 Mar 2006 02:27:41 +1300

    Re: Why Windows Vista Won't Suck
    Brendan <>
    Mon, 6 Mar 2006 02:27:41 +1300

    Re: Hello World!
    (Don Hills)
    Mon, 06 Mar 2006 02:11:15 +1200

    Re: Why Windows Vista Won't Suck
    "~misfit~" <>
    Mon, 6 Mar 2006 03:03:21 +1300

    Re: Why Windows Vista Won't Suck
    "~misfit~" <>
    Mon, 6 Mar 2006 03:05:46 +1300

    Re: Why Windows Vista Won't Suck
    Fred Dagg <>
    Mon, 06 Mar 2006 03:42:26 +1300

    Re: Hello World!
    "Jonno" <>
    Mon, 6 Mar 2006 04:04:31 +1300

    how to apply message rules on outgong messages?
    "cowboyz" <>
    Mon, 6 Mar 2006 05:37:25 +1300

    Re: Hello World!
    Peter <>
    Mon, 06 Mar 2006 07:33:07 +1300

    Re: how to apply message rules on outgong messages?
    Allistar <>
    Mon, 06 Mar 2006 07:48:46 +1300

    Re: Copyright ring tones?
    Waylon Kenning <>
    Mon, 06 Mar 2006 07:52:31 +1300

    More broadband news stories
    Shane <-a-geek.net>
    Mon, 06 Mar 2006 07:59:27 +1300

    Re: Replies to posts not showing up via Paradise
    "Jim F B" <>
    Mon, 6 Mar 2006 08:03:49 +1300

    Re: Why Windows Vista Won't Suck
    Nihil <>
    Mon, 6 Mar 2006 08:15:26 +1300

    Re: Why Windows Vista Won't Suck
    Nihil <>
    Mon, 6 Mar 2006 08:21:11 +1300

    Intel Core Solo Processor: Is it Fast Enough?
    "Jim F B" <>
    Mon, 6 Mar 2006 08:41:52 +1300

    Re: Copyright ring tones?
    "krazy Bob" <>
    Mon, 6 Mar 2006 09:59:45 +1300

    Re: Why Windows Vista Won't Suck
    Allistar <>
    Mon, 06 Mar 2006 10:02:47 +1300

    Re: Copyright ring tones?
    "krazy Bob" <>
    Mon, 6 Mar 2006 10:03:08 +1300

    Trademe Sold for $700 Million Dollars
    "krazy Bob" <>
    Mon, 6 Mar 2006 10:07:07 +1300

    !Breaking News! Trade Me....
    "Max Burke" <>
    Mon, 6 Mar 2006 10:15:04 +1300

    Re: Trademe Sold for $700 Million Dollars
    Daniel <>
    Mon, 06 Mar 2006 10:33:56 +1300

    Re: Trademe Sold for $700 Million Dollars
    "krazy Bob" <>
    Mon, 6 Mar 2006 10:25:52 +1300

    Can anyone see this post?
    "frajalistic" <sdfjfds@sdkdsfk>
    Mon, 6 Mar 2006 10:32:19 +1300

    Re: Can anyone see this post?
    "Alan" <>
    Mon, 6 Mar 2006 10:33:55 +1300

    Re: Can anyone see this post?
    "frajalistic" <sdfjfds@sdkdsfk>
    Mon, 6 Mar 2006 10:40:01 +1300

    how many posts today?
    "frajalistic" <sdfjfds@sdkdsfk>
    Mon, 6 Mar 2006 10:42:43 +1300

    Re: Can anyone see this post?
    "Nik Coughlin" <>
    Mon, 6 Mar 2006 10:49:24 +1300

    Re: Can anyone see this post?
    "frajalistic" <sdfjfds@sdkdsfk>
    Mon, 6 Mar 2006 10:51:25 +1300

    The Other Guy, Mar 5, 2006

  3. frajalistic

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 10:42:43 +1300, in message
     <440b5b6c$>, frajalistic wrote:

    > Is there about 11 posts for the 6th march as of 10.40am? Trying to establish
    > the state of the clearnet newsserver which has been not connected to the
    > outside world since friday morning although it appears it might be now.

    ISTM to be 33.

    Your message is numbered 404864 on the clearnet news server -- check the
    Xref header...

    I see 33 other messages numbered less than yours and dated the 6th of March.
    This strongly suggests that the clearnet news server received 33 other
    messages dated the 6th of March before it received your message.

    FYI these 33 are numbered 404830 through 404863, excluding number 404834
    (number 404834 _was_ really posted on 6 March, but the poster's computer
    clock was wrong and showed 5 March.)

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    "Curiosity skilled the cat."

    Ralph Fox, Mar 6, 2006
  4. frajalistic

    Enkidu Guest

    frajalistic wrote:

    > Is there about 11 posts for the 6th march as of 10.40am? Trying to
    > establish the state of the clearnet newsserver which has been not
    > connected to the outside world since friday morning although it
    > appears it might be now.

    Who cares? It's scarcely life-threatening.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Mar 6, 2006
  5. frajalistic