    I am considering to buy one of those P & S Sony camera.
    Before then, I would like to know how many pictures I can take with 512MB or
    1 GB memory stick. Satoshi
    Satoshi, Nov 29, 2004

  2. Satoshi

    Anynomus Guest

    If you are taking 1 meg file size images with your camera you can store ~
    512 pictures on a 512 meg stick. Use the math for different file size
    images. 2 meg file size images you can fit ~ 256 images.

    Anynomus, Nov 29, 2004

  3. Satoshi

    Satoshi Guest

    Thank you for teaching me Grade I math.
    My next question is what is the average image size with Sony P100 or P150
    camera. Any idea? Satoshi

    Satoshi, Nov 29, 2004
  4. Satoshi

    Anynomus Guest

    Image Jpeg sizes of a Sony P150 are
    .. 3,072 x 2,304
    .. 3,072 x 2,048
    .. 2,592 x 1,944
    .. 2,048 x 1,536
    .. 1,600 x 1,200
    .. 640 x 480

    Image Jpeg sizes of a Sony P100 are
    2592 x 1944
    2048 x 1536
    1280 x 960
    640 x 480

    ~

    Anynomus, Nov 29, 2004
  5. "Satoshi" <> wrote in message
    > Thank you for teaching me Grade I math.
    > My next question is what is the average image size with Sony P100 or P150
    > camera. Any idea? Satoshi

    You might check for example Steve Digicams sample pages for the two cameras.
    There you will see that the P100 use approx. 2MB and the P150 use 3MB for
    each photo on max resolution. That should give you an indication of how many
    pictures you can get on a memory card.

    http://www.steves-digicams.com/

    --
    Jan Otto
    Jan Otto Ruud, Nov 30, 2004
  6. ha ha you are a useless dickhead.

    Jed Meisterdude, Nov 30, 2004
  7. Satoshi

    Satoshi Guest

    Dear Jan,

    Thank you for the intelligent answer.
    It seems that this NG is full of psychos like Anynomus who is trying to
    teach grade school math.
    Satoshi

    Satoshi, Nov 30, 2004
  8. Satoshi

    Chris D Guest

    On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 19:13:38 -0700
    "Satoshi" <> wrote:

    > Dear Jan,
    >
    > Thank you for the intelligent answer.
    > It seems that this NG is full of psychos like Anynomus who is
    > trying to teach grade school math.
    > Satoshi

    It's full of people who actually know how to use google
    themselves, rather than posting in a NG to find an answer that
    google would have given in a minute or two, to someone compenent
    enough to use it. Your question was answered perfectly
    correctly, given the information you gave.

    -Chris D
    Chris D, Nov 30, 2004
  9. Satoshi

    Anynomus Guest

    I wasn't trying to be a wise guy. I gave different senarios that each
    camera could use with each of the settings provided. Each setting provides a
    different megapixel photo from the same camera. Depending on the setting
    depends on the amount of photos that will fit on a memory card. Not every
    photo will be a 3 meg one. At the high setting - yes. At the low setting -
    no. Your question was "how many photos will fit on a memeory stick with a
    paticular camera". My answer was, It depends on the setting of the camera.

    Anynomus, Nov 30, 2004
  10. Satoshi

    Satoshi Guest

    Hi Anynomus,

    You are absolutely right about that. You should mention that earlier.
    You are one of the three wise guys in Bethlehem.
    I now retract my harsh words in previous posts.

    Have a nice holiday!!

    Satoshi.

    Satoshi, Nov 30, 2004