How many newsgroup members does it take to change a light bulb?

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by TechGeekPro, May 30, 2004.

  1. TechGeekPro

    TechGeekPro Guest

    1 to change the light bulb.

    1 to post that the light bulb has been changed.

    14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and
    how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

    7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about
    changing light bulbs.

    18 to flame the spell checkers.

    2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper
    term for "light bulb" is "lamp".

    15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry and that
    "light bulb" is perfectly correct.

    5 to email others that the light bulb
    posters are in violation of the list etiquette.

    10 to post that this list is not about light bulbs and to
    please take this discussion to a light bulb list.

    12 to demand that cross posting to the hardware list,
    off-topic list, and light bulb list about changing light
    bulbs be stopped.

    17 to defend the posting to this list saying that we all use
    light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this list.

    25 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is
    superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of
    light bulbs work best for this technique, which brands are
    faulty, and URLs where one can see examples of
    different light bulbs.

    14 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then
    post the corrected URLs.

    33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety
    including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".

    4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQs.

    13 to ask what is an "FAQ"?

    19 to say "do a search on 'light bulbs' before posting
    questions about light bulbs".

    TechGeekPro, May 30, 2004

  2. TechGeekPro

    Neil Guest

    "TechGeekPro" <%username%@yahoo.com> wrote in

    > 1 to change the light bulb.
    >
    > 1 to post that the light bulb has been changed.
    >
    > 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and
    > how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

    <snip>

    and 1 to point out that this should have been posted as a reply to the
    "Rules of Conduct for Microsoft Newsgroups" thread...

    ;)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, May 30, 2004

  3. TechGeekPro

    Simon Geary Guest

    GOOD DAY KIND SIRS I AM COMING FROM INDIA AND WISH TO KNOW PLEASE TELL WHERE
    I CAN GET LIGHT BULBS FREE OF CHARGE AND WHERE TO GET BRAINDUMPS ON LIGHT
    BULB CHANGING

    Simon Geary, May 31, 2004
  4. >GOOD DAY KIND SIRS I AM COMING FROM INDIA AND WISH TO KNOW PLEASE TELL WHERE
    >I CAN GET LIGHT BULBS FREE OF CHARGE AND WHERE TO GET BRAINDUMPS ON LIGHT
    >BULB CHANGING

    Hi Simon.

    Before you get into the advanced topics of Light Bulb Changing, I
    recommend you take the time to formalize yourself with the basics
    first.

    This link should give you a good start in your preparation on light
    bulbs.

    http://science.howstuffworks.com/light-bulb.htm

    HTH & Good luck!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 31, 2004
  5. TechGeekPro

    Neil Guest

    >>GOOD DAY KIND SIRS I AM COMING FROM INDIA AND WISH TO KNOW PLEASE TELL
    >>WHERE I CAN GET LIGHT BULBS FREE OF CHARGE AND WHERE TO GET BRAINDUMPS
    >>ON LIGHT BULB CHANGING

    > http://science.howstuffworks.com/light-bulb.htm

    the great news is Simon will be able to take his light-bulb changing exam
    for 30% off since he's from India...

    Does anyone have a dicount code for Canada for the exam?

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, May 31, 2004