    their percentage in IT industry ? Has anyone earned new generation
    certifications like MCPD & MCTS ?

    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?Vko=?=, May 4, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Vko=?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    This is one statistic I'd like to see as well... Anyone ?

    Cerebrus, May 5, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Vko=?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    I found this page, but I don't know how current the numbers are :

    <http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/certified.asp>

    Cerebrus.

    Cerebrus, May 5, 2006
  4. Cerebrus napsal(a):
    > I found this page, but I don't know how current the numbers are :
    >
    > <http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/certified.asp>
    >
    > Cerebrus.

    The numbers should be from March - look at "Content Updated: March 06,
    2006" note on the top of the page.

    Zdenek

    Bc. Zdenek Drlik, May 5, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Vko=?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    I saw that, but I'm still not sure if the "content" updated is the
    numbers or some basic punctuation here and there... ;-)

    Cerebrus, May 5, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Vko=?=

    Simon Hart Guest

    I found this link on mcpmag but these figures are from 2004.
    http://www.mcpmag.com/certbasics/

    Simon.

    Simon Hart, May 5, 2006
  7. Hmmm...assuming this is March 2006 statistics it is not a large #, so really
    hope to stand out in a crowd as microsoft says...I have one more exam to go
    for earning MCSD credentials...hope that money/time/efforts invested would be
    worth it...
    anybody, any experiences want to share ?

    =?Utf-8?B?Vko=?=, May 5, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?Vko=?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    Thanks for the link, Simon.

    Wonder why they're showing 2 entries for MCSD, and which one is for
    MCSD.NET...

    Also, I anticipate a large difference in numbers from 2004 to now.

    Cerebrus, May 5, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?Vko=?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    Also, why is the number at the MS site less than half of the total
    according to the mcpmag site ?

    Acc. to mcpmag, total MCSD's should be 52,894, while acc. to Microsoft,
    total MCSD's are 20,582. What's the catch ?

    Cerebrus, May 5, 2006
  10. << While I was at work, Cerebrus spurted out:
    > Also, why is the number at the MS site less than half of the total
    > according to the mcpmag site ?
    >
    > Acc. to mcpmag, total MCSD's should be 52,894, while acc. to
    > Microsoft, total MCSD's are 20,582. What's the catch ?

    Hopefully that means they have yanked 32,312 certs from known @$$fu©ers around
    the world.

    But I doubt it!

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP #00110011

    Bigus Di©kus, May 6, 2006
  11. Probably, because MCSD refers to the old MCSD on VS 6.0 while .Net is .Net

    -David San Filippo

    David San Filippo, May 6, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?Vko=?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    >> ...while .Net is .Net

    I figured that , but then which one is .NET ? Both the entries just
    show MCSD. Should I assume that there are more MCSD's on .NET or the
    reverse ?

    Cerebrus, May 6, 2006
  13. I would assume there were more old MCSD's than MCSD.Net's

    I don't think the .Net cred has been around long enough to think the
    reverse.

    -Dave

    David San Filippo, May 7, 2006
  14. =?Utf-8?B?Vko=?=

    Guest

    Content Updated: March 06, 2006

    The Microsoft Certified Professionals (MCP) Program was established in
    1992. To date, more than 1.8 million people1 have achieved Microsoft
    certification worldwide.

    Microsoft Certification Worldwide Achievers
    Microsoft Certified System Engineer on Windows 2003 (MCSE) 40,985
    Microsoft Certified System Administrator on Windows 2003 (MCSA) 62,155

    Microsoft Certified System Engineer on Windows 2000 (MCSE) 275,358
    Microsoft Certified System Administrator on Windows 2000 (MCSA) 137,873

    Microsoft Certified Desktop Technician on Windows XP (MCDST) 13,583
    Microsoft Certified Database Administrator on SQL Server 2000 (MCDBA)
    138,485
    Microsoft.Net Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD) 20,582
    Microsoft Certified Application Developer on Microsoft .NET (MCAD)
    45,917

    , May 9, 2006
  15. =?Utf-8?B?Vko=?=

    Guest

[...]