How many Firefox Users?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Echy, Feb 26, 2006.

  1. Echy

    Echy Guest

    From memory there was/is is a section in a Firefox website that kept
    up with estimating how many Firefox users there are. Cannot find it
    now, wondering if someone can point me in the right direction.

    Thanks
    Echy
    Echy, Feb 26, 2006

  2. Echy

    Miller Guest

    *Echy* wrote on 26.02.06 07:36:
    > From memory there was/is is a section in a Firefox website that kept
    > up with estimating how many Firefox users there are. Cannot find it
    > now, wondering if someone can point me in the right direction.

    Maybe this site could interest you: http://ff.asbjorn.it/

    bye, Miller
    Miller, Feb 26, 2006

  3. Echy

    Echy Guest

    Miller wrote:
    > *Echy* wrote on 26.02.06 07:36:
    >> From memory there was/is is a section in a Firefox website that kept
    >> up with estimating how many Firefox users there are. Cannot find it
    >> now, wondering if someone can point me in the right direction.

    > Maybe this site could interest you: http://ff.asbjorn.it/
    >
    > bye, Miller

    Thanks for that - very helpful.

    Echy
    Echy, Feb 27, 2006
  4. Echy

    Thomas Guest

    Echy wrote :
    > From memory there was/is is a section in a Firefox website that kept up
    > with estimating how many Firefox users there are. Cannot find it now,
    > wondering if someone can point me in the right direction.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Echy

    Hi there!

    I have found these statistics for you :
    2006 IE6 IE5 Ffox Moz N7 O8 O7
    Feb. 60.5% 5.8% 25.4% 2.9% 0.4% 1.4% 0.1%
    Jan. 61.3% 5.5% 25.0% 3.1% 0.4% 1.4% 0.2%
    (http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp)

    Moreover, 148 536 002 have downloaded Firefox (www.spreadfirefox.com)

    I hope these statistics are helpful for you ;-)

    Best regards,
    --
    Thomas <>
    Thomas, Feb 27, 2006
  5. Echy

    Alan Gauton Guest

    In article <4402e8ca$0$16757$>,
    says...
    > Echy wrote :
    > > From memory there was/is is a section in a Firefox website that kept up
    > > with estimating how many Firefox users there are. Cannot find it now,
    > > wondering if someone can point me in the right direction.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > Echy

    > Hi there!
    >
    > I have found these statistics for you :
    > 2006 IE6 IE5 Ffox Moz N7 O8 O7
    > Feb. 60.5% 5.8% 25.4% 2.9% 0.4% 1.4% 0.1%
    > Jan. 61.3% 5.5% 25.0% 3.1% 0.4% 1.4% 0.2%
    > (http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp)
    >
    > Moreover, 148 536 002 have downloaded Firefox (www.spreadfirefox.com)
    >
    > I hope these statistics are helpful for you ;-)

    The problem with these statistics is that the often don't cater for
    impersonations. For example, Opera can claim to be any of the main
    browsers when accessing the web.

    --
    AG

    Remove removes from address to remove anti-spam measures.
    Alan Gauton E-Mail agauton @ postmaster.co.uk

    Never for me the lowered banner, never the last endeavour!
    (Damon Hill - 16th June 1999)
    Alan Gauton, Feb 27, 2006
  6. Echy

    Stubby Guest

    Thomas wrote:
    > Echy wrote :
    >> From memory there was/is is a section in a Firefox website that kept
    >> up with estimating how many Firefox users there are. Cannot find it
    >> now, wondering if someone can point me in the right direction.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Echy

    > Hi there!
    >
    > I have found these statistics for you :
    > 2006 IE6 IE5 Ffox Moz N7 O8 O7
    > Feb. 60.5% 5.8% 25.4% 2.9% 0.4% 1.4% 0.1%
    > Jan. 61.3% 5.5% 25.0% 3.1% 0.4% 1.4% 0.2%
    > (http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp)
    >
    > Moreover, 148 536 002 have downloaded Firefox (www.spreadfirefox.com)

    All PCs come with IE. When a switch to FireFox happens, it doesn't get
    recorded as "now, one less IE machine". So maybe only 35% of
    machines use IE.
    Stubby, Feb 27, 2006
    Hendrik Maryns, Feb 28, 2006