    and what types of format for the exam?
    Thanks in advance!
    -Tong
    Tong, Nov 15, 2004

  2. My recollection is that there were tree case studies in the exam. The format
    is that you read a description of the case - about five or six paragraphs -
    and then answer maybe twenty questions on each case.

    Each case is a separate section of the exam - once you answer the questions,
    you have an opportunity to review the questions for that case and make
    changes to your answers. But once you move to the next case, you can't go
    back to the previous one - it's a done deal.

    I've read several posts on newsgroups that pointed out that the case
    descriptions hold a lot of clues to how to answer questions. I agree with
    that. Read the descriptions very carefully and look for as many clues as you
    can. But you'll also need to understand things like database normalization,
    ..NET Remoting, Interops, Localization/Globalization, a little about the MSF
    Framework, maybe UML and ORM, and securty as applied in the .NET framework.

    One other suggestion: Soon after I took the test, I looked at the
    Transcender free evaluation exam. While Transcender exams are expensive, I
    must say that I thought that eval exam realy ,looked a lot like the real one
    - not necessarily in terms of "brain dumping" answers but in terms of the
    format, the typwes of questions, etc. PErsonally, I never felt the need to
    drop the bucks - but if you're really concerned about the exam format, etc -
    Transcender seems like it will give you a really good idea.

    Good Luck

    =?Utf-8?B?UmljaA==?=, Nov 17, 2004

  3. Tong

    Tong Guest

    Thanks Rich!
    This exam appears to me like an English reading comprehension test:)
    Tong, Nov 18, 2004
  4. Yeah - that's not far off

    =?Utf-8?B?UmljaA==?=, Nov 19, 2004