    Of those who haved failed, are you already a MCSE in Win 2k?

    Humbly,
    Keith
    Keith Nicholson, Oct 21, 2004

  2. Your first problem is you are using Transcender. I would be surprised if you
    had more than 2 questions from Transcender cause they suck big time. What
    else are you using to study for it? If you dont have a good book designed for
    70-290, GET ONE! It's worth the $40. I did pass mine the first time about 9
    months ago by reading a Sybex book 3 times until I had everything memorized.
    (I work with windows 2000 servers so some stuff is similar)

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=, Oct 21, 2004

  3. Steve,

    It's been about three years since I used Transcender, at the time, I thought
    they were pretty good. I did get QUE's Exam Cram 2 book. I've also had one
    other person suggest the Sybex book today.

    Thanks!
    Keith

    Keith Nicholson, Oct 21, 2004
  4. Keith Nicholson

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "Keith Nicholson" <> wrote in

    > Steve,
    >
    > It's been about three years since I used Transcender, at the time, I
    > thought they were pretty good. I did get QUE's Exam Cram 2 book.
    > I've also had one other person suggest the Sybex book today.
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Keith
    >
    > "Steve" <> wrote in message
    >> Your first problem is you are using Transcender. I would be surprised
    >> if

    > you
    >> had more than 2 questions from Transcender cause they suck big time.
    >> What else are you using to study for it? If you dont have a good book
    >> designed

    > for
    >> 70-290, GET ONE! It's worth the $40. I did pass mine the first time
    >> about

    > 9
    >> months ago by reading a Sybex book 3 times until I had everything

    > memorized.
    >> (I work with windows 2000 servers so some stuff is similar)
    >>

    >> "Keith Nicholson" wrote:
    >>
    >> > Dang!
    >> >
    >> > I just tried the 290 exam again and failed it even more than I did
    >> > the

    > first
    >> > time two weeks ago. After taking some 17 exams over the last six
    >> > years

    > this
    >> > is the second exam number I have failed, and this one twice. It is
    >> > just like I have not studied, ( I think I sound like someone else
    >> > that posted below.) I have reasonable experience with Win 2K3, I
    >> > used Exam Cram2, Transcender and this test still blows.
    >> >
    >> > What are the opinions of this test by most people?
    >> > Of those who passed, did you get by on the first exam?
    >> > Of those who haved failed, are you already a MCSE in Win 2k?
    >> >
    >> > Humbly,
    >> > Keith

    what i have to say to you can only be described in pictures:

    http://tinyurl.com/59jnk

    welcome to moronworld.com sucker boy!

    HA HA HA HA HA

    HA HA HA HA HA

    HA HA HA HA HA

    HA HA HA HA HA

    HA HA HA HA HA

    HA HA HA HA HA

    HA HA HA HA HA

    HA HA HA HA HA

    SUCKER BOY!!!!!!!!!!!

    --
    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/
    Rowdy Yates, Oct 22, 2004
  5. Keith Nicholson

    Neil Guest

    incase you missed it Rowdy Yates <rowdy_yates_mcngp.remove.yahoo.again.com>
    said in news:Xns9589CD9054B5Erowdyyates2124@207.46.248.16:

    > http://tinyurl.com/59jnk

    ah, not again...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Oct 22, 2004
  6. Thanks Rowdy! I feel better now

    Keith Nicholson, Oct 22, 2004
  7. Keith Nicholson

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Rowdy Yates, Oct 22, 2004
  8. Keith Nicholson

    Jerz Guest

    I thought the test was ridiculously tough.. but fortunately passed this
    morning. Just need 291 for MCSA 2003...

    Good luck!

    Jerz

    Jerz, Oct 22, 2004
  9. Keith Nicholson

    fygar Guest

    On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:16:09 -0700, Rowdy Yates
    <rowdy_yates_mcngp.remove.yahoo.again.com> wrote:

    >what i have to say to you can only be described in pictures:
    >
    >http://tinyurl.com/59jnk

    Dude ... somehow that's just wrong

    .....butch(shakes head)
    fygar, Oct 22, 2004
  10. Keith Nicholson

    fygar Guest

    On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:47:13 -0500, "Keith Nicholson"
    <> wrote:

    >Dang!
    >
    >I just tried the 290 exam again and failed it even more than I did the first
    >time two weeks ago. After taking some 17 exams over the last six years this
    >is the second exam number I have failed, and this one twice. It is just
    >like I have not studied, ( I think I sound like someone else that posted
    >below.) I have reasonable experience with Win 2K3, I used Exam Cram2,
    >Transcender and this test still blows.
    >
    >What are the opinions of this test by most people?
    >Of those who passed, did you get by on the first exam?
    >Of those who haved failed, are you already a MCSE in Win 2k?

    Not only did I pass it first try ... I scored well on it too.

    Instead of reading books, you should try running the software not only
    in a lab, but get it deployed into a production environment. A few
    weeks of hands on along with studying the objectives should do it.

    Oh, don't forget the system help. The content is amazing and free.

    ....butch(try again)
    fygar, Oct 22, 2004
  11. Forgot to mention, I'be been running it in and out of lab environments the
    last several months. I've used Win 2k in production for years.

    Congratulations on passing it and doing well!

    Peace,
    Keith

    Keith Nicholson, Oct 22, 2004
  12. Keith Nicholson

    fygar Guest

    On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 16:23:23 -0500, "Keith Nicholson"
    <> wrote:

    >Forgot to mention, I'be been running it in and out of lab environments the
    >last several months. I've used Win 2k in production for years.
    >
    >Congratulations on passing it and doing well!
    >
    >Peace,
    >Keith

    Then tear into the online documentation. When you're looking over the
    test objectives, find the item in help. All the test answers are in
    there :)

    ....butch()
    fygar, Oct 25, 2004