How malicious hackers abuse the Internet

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Jene Keller, Nov 2, 2003.

  1. Jene Keller

    Jene Keller Guest

    THE MILLION DOLLAR EXPOSURE:

    A. Here is what the malicious hackers are doing and how they are
    using resources at your expense and others. Here is the starting
    point which helped me to expose this million dollar loss to your
    company. I decided to click on my canceled ISP's Newsgroup Server
    name which was still listed in my browser. When I was asked for my
    closed e-mail address/password, I just typed it in and "voila",
    free News Server access. These Cable/Digital Subscriber Line (DSL)
    showed closed accounts were still accessible. You are probably
    wondering how I did this and why? I had called them to close my
    account, then decided to verify that this had been done. It was
    discovered I could still see my account and use it. Phone calls were
    made to these Internet Service Providers and their representatives
    informed me that it's impossible to remove the 10-20 free hours
    provided with Cable/DSL dial-up accounts. A major company should have
    the capability to shut this avenue down on closure of any account. I
    was able to dial into my canceled Cable/DSL ISP accounts using my
    canceled account information and use your services for free. The time
    seemed like forever, with no end; Company revenue was given away for
    free. All these Cable/DSL closed accounts are being used freely by
    the general public, or malicious hackers, through dial-up access. Are
    you aware of this? Don't you care about the x amount of dollars given
    away daily? Let's say 50,000 general public, or malicious hackers
    using these accounts daily for free. This is a loss of $24 a month
    x's 50,000 = $1.2 million a month, x's this by 12 months = $14.4
    million a year loss in company revenue which could be in your pocket.
    Estimated the above by the amount of attacks our compromised computers
    were receiving on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
    B. All ISP's listed below provide ten or more hours of free dial-up
    access for their Cable/DSL customers. The main purpose for using
    dial-up is to access your Internet Service Provider (ISP) remotely,
    while traveling. Has your company done a study on the business
    customers and time utilized? Company policies show that security is
    not used in cases of closed accounts. ISP's tested showed that there
    was no time limit of usage on canceled Cable/DSL accounts. Because of
    this lacking security not only the general public and malicious
    hackers are having a field day with your customers by using obsolete
    accounts; which then identifies the previous owner as doing wrong.
    Previous owners are unaware that the general public, or malicious
    hackers, are using their old account information, and all vital
    information that only the customer should know and have. It's a
    free-for-all with the previous customer liable for any wrong doing.
    C. All Cable/DSL customers both business and non-business, with
    dial-up access are vulnerable to a number of hackers using this free
    dial-up avenue. Since hackers already know the e-mail addresses and
    passwords, they log into the ISP with real accounts and continue to
    use this free avenue at your expense and your customers' expense.
    I'm speaking to the companies who allow multiple connections using the
    same e-mail address.
    D. This is pertaining to e-mailing your company any information an
    individual has about your Network possibly being hacked into, Open
    Relays or any evidence in nature. Companies need to help their
    technical staff understand how the SMB Relay Man-in-the-Middle (MITM)
    works. On a compromised system, the SMB Relay MITM directs all e-mail
    you send to the hackers Servers, instead of the intended address that
    it is supposed to go to. So any pertinent information the victim were
    to e-mail to your company, would never reach you. My suggestion is to
    have a victim snail mail you a replication of the evidence. This
    would be the only way you may ever receive any evidence, or
    information.

    Below is a list of Internet Service Providers who allow free dial-up
    with their DSL accounts. Besides AT&T, which allowed free dial-up (at
    the time), no other Cable companies were contacted. It wouldn't
    surprise me if hackers could also abuse the below ISP canceled dial-up
    accounts. If memory serves me correctly, Qwest bought out Earthlink
    in 2001.

    1. AOL Unlimited
    2. Bellsouth 20 hours
    3. Eschelor 500 min free then 5@ a min after
    4. Pacific Bell Unlimited
    5. Qwest 10-20 hours
    6. SBC Unlimited
    7. Sprint/Earthlink 20 hours
    8. Verizon 20 hours

    THE SECOND MILLION DOLLAR EXPOSURE:

    When I had a Qwest Digital Subscriber Line DSL, (including 20 free
    hours of dial-up) and AT&T Cable/ISP dial-up account, a compromised
    computer was constantly having major problems while online. On
    unlimited occasions then you could count, while the system was online,
    it would freeze or lock-up. The only way to unlock it was to shut it
    down via the power supply. On one occasion, Qwest billed me for
    having two connections online, simultaneously and they charge a dollar
    per hour when this occurs. I caught onto this really quick when the
    bill arrived. When my MSN dial-up account was setup I spoke to them
    regarding my problem with Qwest. An MSN tech representative advised
    me that "I could connect to the Internet with an e-mail address as
    many times as I liked, with no extra charges being billed."
    Considering MSN allows a person to have nine e-mail addresses, I
    thought this was a good deal. Due to my curious nature, another test
    was about to begin. I decided to ask one of "The Trackers" if they
    would connect to one of my eight e-mail addresses while I connected to
    my main account e-mail address. I already had the answer to this
    test, but to prove this to the world, the test was performed. While I
    was online with my main email address, "The Tracker", being in another
    state, was able to connect to the Internet using one of my other eight
    e-mail addresses. "The Trackers" were then given the main account
    e-mail address/password MSN provides. While I'm connected with one of
    my other eight e-mail addresses, "The Trackers" were online using my
    main e-mail address. This far, no bill has been sent for any extra
    charges. None the less, I still would have paid bill.

    Microsoft, you do the figures. Nine e-mails addresses which the
    general public, or malicious hackers are abusing for free at $22 a
    month = what? Don't forget, Microsoft, an individual can connect to
    all nine email addresses as many times as their heart desires, plus
    from any state. You're allowing thousands of people free Internet
    access at a cost of probably millions per month of lost revenue.

    Tracker

    Jene Keller, Nov 2, 2003

  2. Jene Keller

    Me Guest

    On 1 Nov 2003 21:05:10 -0800, (Jene Keller) wrote:

    >THE MILLION DOLLAR EXPOSURE:

    Million Dollar exposure, eh... which hasn't netted you one penny.
    Every ISP you've taken this technically absurd tripe to has seen you
    for the fool you are and ignored you by your own admission.

    Me, Nov 2, 2003

  3. Jene Keller

    Iceman Guest

    On 1 Nov 2003 21:05:10 -0800, Jene Keller wrote:

    > THE MILLION DOLLAR EXPOSURE:

    If you can look at Debbie's picture for 5 minutes you will win the money.

    Iceman, Nov 2, 2003
  4. Jene Keller

    Whitehatter Guest

    On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 21:05:10 -0800, Jene Keller remarked blithely:
    *snip of garbage*
    > Tracker

    Gee, no more spamvertizing your geoshitties site? Awww.

    And there was much rejoicing.

    Whitehatter, Nov 2, 2003
  5. > A. Here is what the malicious hackers are doing...

    In case you are NOT Debbie and really just posted some of her babblings
    here, be advised that she (AKA "Tracker") usually posts utter nonsense
    when computer security is concerned. Follow her "advice" at your own
    risk.

    In case it's you again...
    ....Debbie Debbie, now you have become a coward too? Do you think your
    garbage gets any more quality when you post it under a new pseudonym?

    --

    (Quote from one who found just the right words)

    USENET POST WARNING
    ====================
    The User by the name "Tracker" aka "Debbie", VPNSISHACKERSSECRET, aka
    "snailmail" regularly posts incorrect, misleading and damaging information,
    to rely on the advice of this person could result in irreparable damage to
    your system. It is mypersonal advice not to listen to anything that this
    person posts andcertainly to not attempt or believe anything this person
    advises.

    (End Quote)

    Regards

    Tocis (commoner AT carcosa DOT de)
    For answers include HI-AK 523 in your email subject!

    Thore Schmechtig, Nov 2, 2003
  6. Jene Keller

    Whitehatter Guest

    On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 21:05:10 -0800, Jene Keller remarked blithely:

    > THE MILLION DOLLAR EXPOSURE:

    Or the exposure of your idiocy...

    > A. Here is what the malicious hackers are doing and how they are
    > using resources at your expense and others. Here is the starting
    > point which helped me to expose this million dollar loss to your
    > company. I decided to click on my canceled ISP's Newsgroup Server
    > name which was still listed in my browser. When I was asked for my
    > closed e-mail address/password, I just typed it in and "voila",
    > free News Server access. These Cable/Digital Subscriber Line (DSL)
    > showed closed accounts were still accessible. You are probably
    > wondering how I did this and why? I had called them to close my
    > account, then decided to verify that this had been done. It was
    > discovered I could still see my account and use it. Phone calls were
    > made to these Internet Service Providers and their representatives
    > informed me that it's impossible to remove the 10-20 free hours
    > provided with Cable/DSL dial-up accounts.

    wtf are you talking about. You don't bleeding dial up to cable and dsl
    accounts. You dialup DIALUP accounts. Cable/DSL is an always on service
    while you are a subscriber.
    *snippage of invented math based on erroneous data*

    > THE SECOND MILLION DOLLAR EXPOSURE:
    >
    > When I had a Qwest Digital Subscriber Line DSL, (including 20 free
    > hours of dial-up) and AT&T Cable/ISP dial-up account, a compromised
    > computer was constantly having major problems while online.

    Gee, a compromised computer having problems... really. You don't say.
    Shocking.

    Jeebus. Maybe you should go write for Gibson... between your BS and his
    love of exclamations and fearmongering...

    On
    > unlimited occasions then you could count, while the system was online,
    > it would freeze or lock-up.

    REALLY?!

    The only way to unlock it was to shut it
    > down via the power supply.

    Bullshit. Or have you not learned the three fingered salute yet.

    On one occasion, Qwest billed me for
    > having two connections online, simultaneously and they charge a dollar
    > per hour when this occurs. I caught onto this really quick when the
    > bill arrived. When my MSN dial-up account was setup I spoke to them
    > regarding my problem with Qwest. An MSN tech representative advised
    > me that "I could connect to the Internet with an e-mail address as
    > many times as I liked, with no extra charges being billed."
    > Considering MSN allows a person to have nine e-mail addresses, I
    > thought this was a good deal. Due to my curious nature, another test
    > was about to begin. I decided to ask one of "The Trackers"

    What, you still on about this supposed Tracker Posse of yours? What a
    load of crap... unless you're referring to the posse of wierd inside your
    head.

    if they
    > would connect to one of my eight e-mail addresses while I connected to
    > my main account e-mail address. I already had the answer to this
    > test, but to prove this to the world, the test was performed. While I
    > was online with my main email address, "The Tracker", being in another
    > state, was able to connect to the Internet using one of my other eight
    > e-mail addresses. "The Trackers" were then given the main account
    > e-mail address/password MSN provides. While I'm connected with one of
    > my other eight e-mail addresses, "The Trackers" were online using my
    > main e-mail address. This far, no bill has been sent for any extra
    > charges. None the less, I still would have paid bill.

    So... you find what appears to be a flaw in their system and decide
    posting it to AHM is of course the logical place to post the info.
    Terribly responsible for you. It is of course possible you notified MSN
    of the apparent loophole. In that case it's also likely they are aware of
    that possible problem and simply don't give a shit. Read their financials
    sometime... ever heard of loss leaders?

    > Microsoft, you do the figures. Nine e-mails addresses which the
    > general public, or malicious hackers are abusing for free at $22 a
    > month = what? Don't forget, Microsoft, an individual can connect to
    > all nine email addresses as many times as their heart desires, plus
    > from any state. You're allowing thousands of people free Internet
    > access at a cost of probably millions per month of lost revenue.

    Hey, idiot... it's not the email that's being abused. You wanna talk
    email for free, go visit www.hotmail.com you idjit.

    > Tracker

    aka netkook and cluebie.

    Whitehatter, Nov 2, 2003
  7. Jene Keller

    Volker Birk Guest

    In alt.computer.security Jene Keller <> wrote:
    > THE MILLION DOLLAR EXPOSURE:

    Tracker, the Usenet is a bidirectional medium. Not you should
    post here what we have to learn, but we should have a discussion.

    And with terms like "million dollar exposure" no-one will
    believe you. I even do not read what stands below such a
    headline.

    VB.
    --
    X-Pie Software GmbH
    Postfach 1540, 88334 Bad Waldsee

    Volker Birk, Nov 2, 2003
  8. Jene Keller

    Mimic Guest

    "Iceman" <> wrote in message
    > On 1 Nov 2003 21:05:10 -0800, Jene Keller wrote:
    >
    > > THE MILLION DOLLAR EXPOSURE:

    > If you can look at Debbie's picture for 5 minutes you will win the money.

    oh me me, im sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo seriously desperate for cash,
    and i love my gf and need to get to her, i'll do it, im not saying it willbe
    easy, but worth it.

    --
    Mimic

    and those that dont."
    "C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but
    when you do, it blows away your whole leg"

    Mimic, Nov 2, 2003
  9. Jene Keller

    Mimic Guest

    "Thore Schmechtig" <> wrote in message
    > > A. Here is what the malicious hackers are doing...

    > In case you are NOT Debbie and really just posted some of her babblings
    > here, be advised that she (AKA "Tracker") usually posts utter nonsense
    > when computer security is concerned. Follow her "advice" at your own
    > risk.
    >
    > In case it's you again...
    > ...Debbie Debbie, now you have become a coward too? Do you think your
    > garbage gets any more quality when you post it under a new pseudonym?
    >

    > --
    >

    > (Quote from one who found just the right words)
    >
    > USENET POST WARNING
    > ====================
    > The User by the name "Tracker" aka "Debbie", VPNSISHACKERSSECRET, aka
    > "snailmail" regularly posts incorrect, misleading and damaging

    information,
    > to rely on the advice of this person could result in irreparable damage to
    > your system. It is mypersonal advice not to listen to anything that this
    > person posts andcertainly to not attempt or believe anything this person
    > advises.
    >
    > (End Quote)
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Tocis (commoner AT carcosa DOT de)
    > For answers include HI-AK 523 in your email subject!

    Its a killfile evade, she does it all the time

    Mimic, Nov 2, 2003
  10. Jene Keller

    yellowcake Guest

    Jene Keller wrote:
    > THE MILLION DOLLAR EXPOSURE:

    snip

    OMG, peeps are reading email! In separate states! lol, on dial up!

    <collapses into quivering mass of giggles>

    yc

    yellowcake, Nov 2, 2003
  11. Hi,

    > Its a killfile evade, she does it all the time

    Well, as far as I have seen she did not do it for quite some time until
    today? Anyway, yes, it looks like her ;)

    --
    Bye

    Tocis (commoner AT carcosa DOT de)
    Include HI-AK 523 in the subject or your email will be deleted!

    Thore Schmechtig, Nov 2, 2003
  12. Jene Keller

    Jason Guest

    * Thore Schmechtig <>:
    > Hi,
    >
    >> Its a killfile evade, she does it all the time

    > Well, as far as I have seen she did not do it for quite some time until
    > today? Anyway, yes, it looks like her ;)

    Its definatly debbie the dummie there Thore. Unless someone bored and
    imitating her. But I can't imagine anyone with an IQ about that of a
    rock being that bored. :)

    Jason

    Jason, Nov 2, 2003