How low will Micro$oft go?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Aardvark, Jan 27, 2009.

  1. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    <http://www.vsubhash.com/images/linux_usage_among_terrorists.gif>

    <http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/a/a7/
    BUY_WINDOWS_VISTA.jpg>

    :)


    --
    The month of March in this year of 2009 sees the centenary of the laying
    of the keel of the most famous (or infamous) ocean liner of all time, RMS
    Titanic, at Harland & Wolff shipyard in Belfast.
    < http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Titanic>
     
    Aardvark, Jan 27, 2009
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Aardvark

    Keyser Söze Guest

    Aardvark <> wrote in message
    news:42Dfl.25705$2:

    > http://www.vsubhash.com/images/linux_usage_among_terrorists.gif


    Those stats seem a bit disproportionate; That is, I would have expected more
    terrorist activity. Maybe most of the linux terrorists are just unable to
    get past the desktop.

    > <http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/a/a7/
    > BUY_WINDOWS_VISTA.jpg>
    >
    > :)


    relic will not be happy about that!

    --
    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in froups, parties,
    nations, and epochs it is the rule [sic]. Nietzsche
     
    Keyser Söze, Jan 27, 2009
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Aardvark

    Mara Guest

    Mara, Jan 27, 2009
    #3
  4. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 06:53:19 -0600, Mara wrote:

    > On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 12:24:32 GMT, Aardvark <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >
    >><http://www.vsubhash.com/images/linux_usage_among_terrorists.gif>
    >>
    >><http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/a/a7/
    >>BUY_WINDOWS_VISTA.jpg>
    >>
    >>:)

    >
    > Got a 404 on the last one.


    Did you click the link in my OP or in Keyser's? His post broke the link.



    --
    The month of March in this year of 2009 sees the centenary of the laying
    of the keel of the most famous (or infamous) ocean liner of all time, RMS
    Titanic, at Harland & Wolff shipyard in Belfast.
    < http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Titanic>
     
    Aardvark, Jan 27, 2009
    #4
  5. Aardvark

    Keyser Söze Guest

    Aardvark <> wrote in message
    news:p_Dfl.26627$2:

    > On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 06:53:19 -0600, Mara wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 12:24:32 GMT, Aardvark <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>> <http://www.vsubhash.com/images/linux_usage_among_terrorists.gif>
    >>>
    >>> <http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/a/a7/
    >>> BUY_WINDOWS_VISTA.jpg>
    >>>
    >>> :)

    >>
    >> Got a 404 on the last one.

    >
    > Did you click the link in my OP or in Keyser's? His post broke the
    > link.


    lol I actually had to copy and paste the two line link in your post to
    enable it to work ;->

    --
    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in froups, parties,
    nations, and epochs it is the rule [sic]. Nietzsche
     
    Keyser Söze, Jan 27, 2009
    #5
  6. Mara wrote:

    > Aardvark <> wrote:
    >> <http://www.vsubhash.com/images/linux_usage_among_terrorists.gif>
    >>
    >> <http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/a/a7/
    >> BUY_WINDOWS_VISTA.jpg>
    >>
    >>:)

    >
    > Got a 404 on the last one.


    <URL:http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/a/a7/BUY_WINDOWS_VISTA.jpg>

    Perhaps you didn't catch the wrap...

    --
    -bts
    -Friends don't let friends drive Windows
     
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 27, 2009
    #6
  7. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 09:00:13 -0500, dadiOH wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:
    >> On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 06:53:19 -0600, Mara wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 12:24:32 GMT, Aardvark <>
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>> <http://www.vsubhash.com/images/linux_usage_among_terrorists.gif>
    >>>>
    >>>> <http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/a/a7/
    >>>> BUY_WINDOWS_VISTA.jpg>
    >>>>
    >>>> :)
    >>>
    >>> Got a 404 on the last one.

    >>
    >> Did you click the link in my OP or in Keyser's? His post broke the
    >> link.

    >
    > So was yours.


    Funny. Works OK in my newsreader. Oh, well.



    --
    The month of March in this year of 2009 sees the centenary of the laying
    of the keel of the most famous (or infamous) ocean liner of all time, RMS
    Titanic, at Harland & Wolff shipyard in Belfast.
    < http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Titanic>
     
    Aardvark, Jan 27, 2009
    #7
  8. Aardvark wrote:

    >> Aardvark <> wrote:
    >>> <http://www.vsubhash.com/images/linux_usage_among_terrorists.gif>
    >>>
    >>> <http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/a/a7/
    >>> BUY_WINDOWS_VISTA.jpg>

    >
    > Did you click the link in my OP or in Keyser's? His post broke the link.


    No, it was broken in your original post. Even here in Pan 0.14.2.91

    --
    -bts
    -Friends don't let friends drive Windows
     
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 27, 2009
    #8
  9. Aardvark

    John Holmes Guest

    Aardvark "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > <http://www.vsubhash.com/images/linux_usage_among_terrorists.gif>


    Those sheepfuckers cannot afford a real operating system.

    > <http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/a/a7/
    > BUY_WINDOWS_VISTA.jpg>


    Vista sucks, I wouldn't even install it if it came for free like Linux.

    >
    >:)
    >


    --
    <snip>
     
    John Holmes, Jan 27, 2009
    #9
  10. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 18:25:47 +0100, John Holmes wrote:

    > Aardvark "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> <http://www.vsubhash.com/images/linux_usage_among_terrorists.gif>

    >
    > Those sheepfuckers cannot afford a real operating system.
    >
    >> <http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/a/a7/
    >> BUY_WINDOWS_VISTA.jpg>

    >
    > Vista sucks, I wouldn't even install it if it came for free like Linux.
    >
    >
    >>:)
    >>


    Please tell me you got the joke in both of those links, otherwise I have
    a big WHOOSH waiting here for you.



    --
    The month of March in this year of 2009 sees the centenary of the laying
    of the keel of the most famous (or infamous) ocean liner of all time, RMS
    Titanic, at Harland & Wolff shipyard in Belfast.
    < http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Titanic>
     
    Aardvark, Jan 27, 2009
    #10
  11. Aardvark

    John Holmes Guest

    Aardvark "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 18:25:47 +0100, John Holmes wrote:
    >
    >> Aardvark "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >>> <http://www.vsubhash.com/images/linux_usage_among_terrorists.gif>

    >>
    >> Those sheepfuckers cannot afford a real operating system.
    >>
    >>> <http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/a/a7/
    >>> BUY_WINDOWS_VISTA.jpg>

    >>
    >> Vista sucks, I wouldn't even install it if it came for free like

    Linux.
    >>
    >>
    >>>:)
    >>>

    >
    > Please tell me you got the joke in both of those links, otherwise I

    have
    > a big WHOOSH waiting here for you.
    >
    >
    >


    Sure I did.

    --
    <snip>
     
    John Holmes, Jan 27, 2009
    #11
  12. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 18:48:57 +0100, John Holmes wrote:

    >> Please tell me you got the joke in both of those links, otherwise I

    > have
    >> a big WHOOSH waiting here for you.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>

    > Sure I did.


    I'm glad of that. This is my last WHOOSH until I get some more at the end
    of the month and I wanted to give it to someone who really deserved
    it. :)



    --
    The month of March in this year of 2009 sees the centenary of the laying
    of the keel of the most famous (or infamous) ocean liner of all time, RMS
    Titanic, at Harland & Wolff shipyard in Belfast.
    < http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Titanic>
     
    Aardvark, Jan 27, 2009
    #12
  13. Aardvark

    John Holmes Guest

    Aardvark "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 18:48:57 +0100, John Holmes wrote:
    >
    >>> Please tell me you got the joke in both of those links, otherwise I

    >> have
    >>> a big WHOOSH waiting here for you.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>

    >> Sure I did.

    >
    > I'm glad of that. This is my last WHOOSH until I get some more at the
    > end of the month and I wanted to give it to someone who really
    > deserved it. :)
    >
    >
    >


    There always are some creatures here who really, really deserve it. Mr.
    Platt and Mr. Easter for example, but I'm sure you know there are more of
    them.

    ;-)

    --
    <snip>
     
    John Holmes, Jan 27, 2009
    #13
  14. On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 12:24:32 +0000, Aardvark wrote:

    >
    > <http://www.vsubhash.com/images/linux_usage_among_terrorists.gif>
    >
    > <http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/a/a7/
    > BUY_WINDOWS_VISTA.jpg> <---- Borrowed from the National Lampoon
    >
    > :)

    `
    --
    "I have heard that "Commentary" and "Dissent" had merged and formed "Dysentery."

    -- A.R. duChat
     
    Gaston Ryan Coake, Jan 27, 2009
    #14
  15. On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 09:48:46 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:
    >
    >>> Aardvark <> wrote:
    >>>> <http://www.vsubhash.com/images/linux_usage_among_terrorists.gif>
    >>>>
    >>>> <http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/a/a7/
    >>>> BUY_WINDOWS_VISTA.jpg>

    >>
    >> Did you click the link in my OP or in Keyser's? His post broke the link.

    >
    > No, it was broken in your original post. Even here in Pan 0.14.2.91


    Same here; the dreaded URL-Wrap strikes again ..... and same version of
    Pan.

    --
    "I have heard that "Commentary" and "Dissent" had merged and formed "Dysentery."

    -- A.R. duChat
     
    Gaston Ryan Coake, Jan 27, 2009
    #15
  16. Aardvark

    walter Guest

    Gaston Ryan Coake wrote:

    > On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 09:48:46 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >
    >> Aardvark wrote:
    >>
    >>>> Aardvark <> wrote:
    >>>>> <http://www.vsubhash.com/images/linux_usage_among_terrorists.gif>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> <http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/a/a7/
    >>>>> BUY_WINDOWS_VISTA.jpg>
    >>>
    >>> Did you click the link in my OP or in Keyser's? His post broke the
    >>> link.

    >>
    >> No, it was broken in your original post. Even here in Pan 0.14.2.91

    >
    > Same here; the dreaded URL-Wrap strikes again ..... and same version
    > of Pan.


    LIAR!! Nothing *EVER* breaks in linux!

    ;-)
     
    walter, Jan 27, 2009
    #16
  17. Gaston Ryan Coake wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Aardvark wrote:
    >>>> Aardvark <> wrote:
    >>>>> <http://www.vsubhash.com/images/linux_usage_among_terrorists.gif>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> <http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/a/a7/
    >>>>> BUY_WINDOWS_VISTA.jpg>
    >>>
    >>> Did you click the link in my OP or in Keyser's? His post broke the link.

    >>
    >> No, it was broken in your original post. Even here in Pan 0.14.2.91

    >
    > Same here; the dreaded URL-Wrap strikes again ..... and same version of
    > Pan.


    I should have mentioned the OP link was broken in three other
    newsreaders as well: Dialog, Thunderbird, XPN...



    --
    -bts
    -Friends don't let friends drive Windows
     
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 27, 2009
    #17
  18. Aardvark

    walter Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Gaston Ryan Coake wrote:
    >
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>> Aardvark wrote:
    >>>>> Aardvark <> wrote:
    >>>>>> <http://www.vsubhash.com/images/linux_usage_among_terrorists.gif>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> <http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/a/a7/
    >>>>>> BUY_WINDOWS_VISTA.jpg>
    >>>>
    >>>> Did you click the link in my OP or in Keyser's? His post broke the
    >>>> link.
    >>>
    >>> No, it was broken in your original post. Even here in Pan 0.14.2.91

    >>
    >> Same here; the dreaded URL-Wrap strikes again ..... and same version
    >> of Pan.

    >
    > I should have mentioned the OP link was broken in three other
    > newsreaders as well: Dialog, Thunderbird, XPN...


    There were two links in the OP by aardvark. One to a .gif and the other to
    a .jpg.

    OE didn't break either of them. ROFL
     
    walter, Jan 27, 2009
    #18
  19. walter wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Gaston Ryan Coake wrote:
    >>> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>>> Aardvark wrote:
    >>>>>> Aardvark <> wrote:
    >>>>>>> <http://www.vsubhash.com/images/linux_usage_among_terrorists.gif>
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> <http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/a/a7/
    >>>>>>> BUY_WINDOWS_VISTA.jpg>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Did you click the link in my OP or in Keyser's? His post broke
    >>>>> the link.
    >>>>
    >>>> No, it was broken in your original post. Even here in Pan
    >>>> 0.14.2.91
    >>>
    >>> Same here; the dreaded URL-Wrap strikes again ..... and same
    >>> version of Pan.

    >>
    >> I should have mentioned the OP link was broken in three other
    >> newsreaders as well: Dialog, Thunderbird, XPN...

    >
    > There were two links in the OP by aardvark. One to a .gif and the
    > other to a .jpg.
    >
    > OE didn't break either of them. ROFL


    It's the second one that wrapped.. the BUY_WINDOWS_VISTA.jpg

    I will have to defer on comments about OE; it won't work with my
    operating system. <g>

    --
    -bts
    -Friends don't let friends drive Windows
     
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 27, 2009
    #19
  20. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 09:48:46 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:
    >
    >>> Aardvark <> wrote:
    >>>> <http://www.vsubhash.com/images/linux_usage_among_terrorists.gif>
    >>>>
    >>>> <http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/a/a7/
    >>>> BUY_WINDOWS_VISTA.jpg>

    >>
    >> Did you click the link in my OP or in Keyser's? His post broke the
    >> link.

    >
    > No, it was broken in your original post. Even here in Pan 0.14.2.91


    It looks fine (and works) in Pan 0.133. Both links are complete on their
    own lines here and the break only occurs in Keyser's reply to my OP.

    This IS a strange set of affairs. Any ideas, Beau?



    --
    The month of March in this year of 2009 sees the centenary of the laying
    of the keel of the most famous (or infamous) ocean liner of all time, RMS
    Titanic, at Harland & Wolff shipyard in Belfast.
    < http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Titanic>
     
    Aardvark, Jan 27, 2009
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. ErmYouKnow

    Ditching Micro$oft

    ErmYouKnow, Jan 20, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    480
    William Poaster
    Jan 21, 2004
  2. skfghfjh

    ---Micro$oft Wins 'Tabbed Browsing' Patent---

    skfghfjh, Sep 13, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    35
    Views:
    945
    Harvey Van Sickle
    Sep 15, 2004
  3. Andrew McDonald

    Micro$oft at it aain

    Andrew McDonald, Dec 4, 2003, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    49
    Views:
    1,159
    stacey
    Dec 10, 2003
  4. --= Ö§âmâ ßíñ Këñ0ßí =--

    Holey Moley! Micro$oft Recommends Linux?

    --= Ö§âmâ ßíñ Këñ0ßí =--, Dec 29, 2003, in forum: Computer Security
    Replies:
    19
    Views:
    780
    Edwin
    Jan 12, 2004
  5. John S. MacKay

    Micro$oft.

    John S. MacKay, May 10, 2004, in forum: Computer Information
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    747
    Plato
    May 10, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page