    Nightsky Guest

    How long does it take to delete the ugly posts below?
    I am surprised they even made it this far.

    Nightsky, Aug 14, 2006

  2. Nightsky wrote:

    > How long does it take to delete the ugly posts below?

    Below? Below where? Below what? Ugly?

    > I am surprised they even made it this far.

    Do you know how Usenet works?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 14, 2006

  3. Nightsky

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-08-14, Nightsky <> wrote:
    > How long does it take to delete the ugly posts below?

    Below what? Ugly how?

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Aug 14, 2006
  4. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Nightsky wrote:
    >
    >> How long does it take to delete the ugly posts below?

    > Below? Below where? Below what? Ugly?
    >
    >> I am surprised they even made it this far.

    > Do you know how Usenet works?

    Well, that's odd. The line "I am..." that you are responding to, there,
    does not appear in that post, here. Your quoting is the first time I
    see it.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 14, 2006
  5. Nightsky

    Evan Platt Guest

    On 14 Aug 2006 20:00:16 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    wrote:

    >Well, that's odd. The line "I am..." that you are responding to, there,
    >does not appear in that post, here. Your quoting is the first time I
    >see it.

    Do you see
    "SG93IGxvbmcgZG9lcyBpdCB0YWtlIHRvIGRlbGV0ZSB0aGUgdWdseSBwb3N0cyBiZWxvdz8NCkkg
    YW0gc3VycHJpc2VkIHRoZXkgZXZlbiBtYWRlIGl0IHRoaXMgZmFyLg==" ?

    I did too. Till I hit reply. Then I saw the text.

    WTF?

    Evan Platt, Aug 14, 2006
  6. Nightsky

    Spuds Guest

    On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 19:46:13 GMT, "Nightsky" <> wrote:

    >How long does it take to delete the ugly posts below?
    >I am surprised they even made it this far.

    (Click. Clickety Click)

    Looks to be 2.55 seconds.
    I'm going to re-download today's messages. Figure I can get it down to 2
    seconds flat.
    --
    --------------------------------------
    If you ain't Muslim, you ain't shiite

    Spuds, Aug 14, 2006
  7. Evan Platt wrote:
    > On 14 Aug 2006 20:00:16 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Well, that's odd. The line "I am..." that you are responding to, there,
    >>does not appear in that post, here. Your quoting is the first time I
    >>see it.

    > Do you see
    > "SG93IGxvbmcgZG9lcyBpdCB0YWtlIHRvIGRlbGV0ZSB0aGUgdWdseSBwb3N0cyBiZWxvdz8NCkkg
    > YW0gc3VycHJpc2VkIHRoZXkgZXZlbiBtYWRlIGl0IHRoaXMgZmFyLg==" ?
    >
    > I did too. Till I hit reply. Then I saw the text.

    No. But I did see that when I telnetted into the server and looked at
    the post directly with the article command.

    I also noticed he/she/it is using some wonky Win charset.

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 14, 2006

    Then *you* define "ugly posts below", will you? The **** is this about?

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 14, 2006
  9. Nightsky

    Rich Guest

    On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 19:46:13 GMT, "Nightsky" <> wrote:

    >How long does it take to delete the ugly posts below?
    >I am surprised they even made it this far.

    create your own filter for posts such as those and you'll never see
    them.

    73,
    rich, n9dko

    Rich, Aug 14, 2006
  10. Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Nightsky wrote:
    >>
    >>> How long does it take to delete the ugly posts below?

    >> Below? Below where? Below what? Ugly?
    >>
    >>> I am surprised they even made it this far.

    >> Do you know how Usenet works?

    > Well, that's odd. The line "I am..." that you are responding to, there,
    > does not appear in that post, here. Your quoting is the first time I
    > see it.

    Must be that Dialog translated the base64 correctly. <g>

    http://www.toastedspam.com/decode64

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 15, 2006
  11. Nightsky

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya Nightsky.

    In <news:9q4Eg.8191$> you wrote:

    > How long does it take to delete the ugly posts below?
    > I am surprised they even made it this far.

    Well as I read in logical order, ie. oldest first, and those later posts
    are displayed below earlier posts, as is normal in the English language,
    all posts below are posted in the future of your post.

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

    Ponder, Aug 15, 2006
  12. Nightsky

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Nightsky wrote:
    > How long does it take to delete the ugly posts below?
    > I am surprised they even made it this far.

    It took me all of 3 seconds to get rid of them. What's YOUR problem?

    Toolman Tim, Aug 15, 2006
  13. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    >>> Below? Below where? Below what? Ugly?

    >>> Do you know how Usenet works?

    >> Well, that's odd. The line "I am..." that you are responding to, there,
    >> does not appear in that post, here. Your quoting is the first time I
    >> see it.

    > Must be that Dialog translated the base64 correctly. <g>
    >
    > http://www.toastedspam.com/decode64

    Doesn't do me any good when I have no string to translate. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 15, 2006
  14. Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>> Well, that's odd. The line "I am..." that you are responding to, there,
    >>> does not appear in that post, here. Your quoting is the first time I
    >>> see it.

    >> Must be that Dialog translated the base64 correctly. <g>
    >>
    >> http://www.toastedspam.com/decode64

    > Doesn't do me any good when I have no string to translate. :)

    Should have been in the source of the message ... that's were I saw it.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 15, 2006
  15. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    >>> Must be that Dialog translated the base64 correctly. <g>
    >>>
    >>> http://www.toastedspam.com/decode64

    >> Doesn't do me any good when I have no string to translate. :)

    > Should have been in the source of the message ... that's were I saw
    > it.

    If it was displayed, I probably wouldn't have posted that it was
    missing. :)

    LIS, I *did* find it later when I telnetted into the server and looked
    at the article.

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 15, 2006
  16. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    >>> Must be that Dialog translated the base64 correctly. <g>
    >>>
    >>> http://www.toastedspam.com/decode64

    >> Doesn't do me any good when I have no string to translate. :)

    > Should have been in the source of the message ... that's were I saw it.

    Second response to this post:

    If I do a decode-and-save with slrn, the file it writes is:

    <q>
    How long does it take to delete the ugly posts below?
    I am surprised they even made it this far.
    </q>

    I don't know that I've ever used that feature -- I don't do binaries
    with slrn, and I'd think that's what it's for.

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 15, 2006
  17. Nightsky

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-08-15, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:
    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:

    snip

    > If I do a decode-and-save with slrn, the file it writes is:
    >
    > <q>
    > How long does it take to delete the ugly posts below?
    > I am surprised they even made it this far.
    > </q>
    >
    > I don't know that I've ever used that feature -- I don't do binaries
    > with slrn, and I'd think that's what it's for.

    Same here - but there is no indication in the body as displayed by slrn
    that there is anything to decode; normally there would be a 'multipart'
    seperator or an 'attached file name' and the raw code would be visible.
    The oddness here is that the article headers

    .-----
    '-----

    conflict with each other - if it's 'base64 encoded' then it isn't
    'text/plain', is it?

    It's interesting that slrn managed to make anything of the 'body' at all.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Aug 15, 2006
  18. Nightsky

    Spuds Guest

    I'm taking it as the racist trolls, but in this NG, who the **** knows?
    --
    Half of the people in the world are below average.

    Spuds, Aug 15, 2006
  19. Nightsky

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Spuds wrote:
    > On 14 Aug 2006 22:00:48 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Spuds wrote:

    >>> (Click. Clickety Click)
    >>>
    >>> Looks to be 2.55 seconds.
    >>> I'm going to re-download today's messages. Figure I can get it
    >>> down to 2 seconds flat.

    >> Then *you* define "ugly posts below", will you? The **** is this
    >> about?

    > I'm taking it as the racist trolls, but in this NG, who the ****
    > knows?

    So did I - but you're right--he might have been referring to Rectum Burns
    stuff <g>

    Toolman Tim, Aug 15, 2006