    market?

    thx...

    an unemployed IT gal...

    diana, May 5, 2005

  2. diana

    Claus Konrad Guest

    Diana,

    You would definately have to work with the stuff as well. It is rarely
    enough to just read 2 books or the like; you need to have it "under your
    nails".

    I took the web exam (70-315, the C# edition) after having worked intensively
    with webapps for 3 months. This made me well aware of all the minor details
    that needs to be present in your head at the exam. It's a closed book exam!

    The jobmarket: I'm not unemployed, but it for sure is a good thing to have
    on your CV!

    Kind Regards,
    Claus Konrad
    [MCAD.NET, C#]

    Claus Konrad, May 5, 2005

  3. diana

    Sean Guest

    I have heard that the market for real software people is very strong compared
    to ALL jobs. I believe this becuase this stuff just easy and the cert
    programs are not a joke. The only thing is some employers (guessing smaller
    firms) have no clue the real value of knowedge these certs show.

    Sean, May 5, 2005
  4. diana

    EggHead Guest

    I think if you have no exp, the cert will not help you at all.
    I have more certs than anyone else in our class, but I am the last one to
    get hire :(
    On the other hand, if you have exp, it will move your resume almost to the
    top :)
    The jobmarket is crazy. It depends on who you know, not what you know.

    Anyway, if you are working with the stuff, I think one month is enough for
    the exam.

    Egghead

    EggHead, May 5, 2005
  5. diana

    Ken Guest

    I'm currently programming with VB6. How could I improve my
    web development experience? Do I create some project for
    myself to complete?

    Thanks,
    Ken

    Ken, May 6, 2005