    been using MS products bac to MSDOS 3.0.

    How long should it take me to get thru the study, tests,
    and get certified?

    turbo1947, Jul 18, 2004

  2. turbo1947

    Bobby Guest

    Hi turbo1947,

    By managing only 33% for the assessment test, you can categorise yourself in any one of the following;

    1. Your experience in troubleshooting is minimal. Though you have been using MS products all this while, you are basically a user.

    2. Your knowledge are basically on older MS products. MCDST is heavily focused on WinXP and XP based applications.

    3. You are knowledgeable and experience but are not use to the testing environment of certification exams.

    Group 1 and 2 will take longer time, perhaps a month or two while group 3 can be relatively quick, perhaps a week or two.

    Study the certification preparation guide pages from these links:
    to see if you can make sense out of it. If you know most of the listed stuff in these pages, you can make it in a relatively short time, prehaps in weeks. If you do not know much of what is listed, then you should look at months.

    However if you are serious at working for this certification, work quickly so that you can certify yourself with the 'charter' version, an added personal satisfaction.

    Hope this helps.

    Bobby

    Bobby, Jul 19, 2004

  3. It depends on the individual. I was able to do the first test over a 3 day
    weekend & pass. Its all about troubleshooting.

    I hevent tried the second test yet but hope to by the end of the month.

    Shelby Meyer \(MCSA, A+, N+ iN+, CIW\), Jul 19, 2004
  4. turbo1947

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Jul 27, 2004