    someone spend 3 to 4 hrs per day?

    Regards,
    Albert.
    Albert, Feb 6, 2004

  2. Albert

    Guest Guest

    Take the practice exams and to see where you are.

    Guest, Feb 6, 2004

  3. Albert

    UAError Guest

    "Albert" <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I know it varies from person to person based on available time and
    >intelligence. But on an average how long it will take to complete MCSD if
    >someone spend 3 to 4 hrs per day?
    >
    >Regards,
    >Albert.

    Are you sure you work with computers? Usually you have to supply some
    relevant information to get relevant information.

    Just kidding!

    But based on the information you offered 3 weeks - 12 months+.

    Now I'm assuming you are referring to the MSCD.NET. Bottom line:

    There are 5 exams, each of them 2 to 3 hours.

    You can finish those if you know your stuff in 2 - 3 weeks. Knowing you're stuff includes
    (C# with SQL Server)

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-229.asp#SKILLS
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-315.asp#SKILLS
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-316.asp#SKILLS
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-320.asp#SKILLS
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-300.asp#SKILLS

    As you can see this includes database work, architecture work and of
    course development of WinForms, ASP.NET applications and
    enterprise service components, including deployment, security,
    globalization, debugging and so on.

    For a more detailed breakdown see:

    http://www.codeclinic.com/70-229skills.htm
    http://www.codeclinic.com/70-315skills.htm
    http://www.codeclinic.com/70-316skills.htm
    http://www.codeclinic.com/70-320skills.htm
    http://www.codeclinic.com/70-300skills.htm

    If you have no clue about .NET (but have developed applications with
    microsoft technology before):

    Amit Kalani estimates that it will take approximately 1 month to
    work through one of his books:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...VJ0RA1Q8QCK8/ref=cm_bg_lm/103-9037164-2087023

    "To make sure that you get minimum hand-on experience needed f
    or the exam, these books are thick at about 1200 pages each, and each
    will take at minimum one month of study time to complete."

    A reader of the ASP.NET (70-315) book confirms that it took him 150 hrs to get through it.
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...customer-reviews&show=-submittime&start-at=21
    "Amit's book is absolutely wonderful - very patient, very detailed and after a while you understand what is important and what is
    not. I probably spent about 150 hours in total - 70% of that learning from this book."

    Based on your 3-4 hours you are then looking at 2 Months for 315, 316, 320 each,
    though some of the overlap between 315 and 316 might allow you to save some time
    - time you should be spending with:

    MSDN
    http://msdn.microsoft.com

    Microsoft ADO.NET (Core Reference)
    by David Sceppa (Author), David Sceppa
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...6084086/sr=2-2/ref=sr_2_2/103-9037164-2087023

    and possibly one of

    ..NET Framework Security
    by Brian A. LaMacchia, Sebastian Lange, Matthew Lyons, Rudi Martin, Kevin T. Price
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/asin/067232184X

    Security for Microsoft Visual Basic .NET (Never mind the Visual Basic)
    by Michael J. Ed/Bond Robinson (Author)
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/asin/067232184X

    Now while it is possible to solely work with the SDK, but do yourself a favour and obtain a copy of VS.NET
    as most literature makes that assumption and some questions may refer to debugging or deployment functionality
    only available in VS.NET.

    As far as 70-229 goes stick with the code clinic links and read the BOOKS ON-LINE (BOL) available here:

    SQL Server 2000 Books Online (Updated - SP3)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...a6-bcf4-45a6-a2e2-f6ab5be3ef12&displaylang=en

    you can practice with this:

    Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine (MSDE 2000) Release A
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...D1-A0BC-479F-BAFA-E4B278EB9147&displaylang=en

    but 70-229 does cover tools and options only being available through the enterprise versions of SQL-Server
    (SQL Analyzer being the one you'll most sorely miss - but then again you could build you're own version to
    practice for your other exams).

    So lets say you'll spend another 2 months on that.

    That leaves 70-300. There is no StepByStep to Microsoft .NET Architectures. Leverage your MCAD to get some.
    If you have some architecture experience:

    MCSD .NET Solution Architectures Exam Cram 2 (Exam 70-300)
    by Randy Cornish, Don Pavoni, Thomas Moore, Eric Rockenbach, Ed Tittel (Editor)
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/asin/0789729296

    together with many side-trips to the MSDN will help you to straighten things out in your head;
    but it won't teach you things from the ground up.

    So 5 exams, 2 months each - its unlikely you'll sustain 3-4 hours daily on top of you usual life
    so make it 12 months.

    Each exam costs US$125 (in North America and can be booked through):

    Pearson Vue
    http://www.vue.com/

    Thomson Prometric
    http://www.prometric.com/default.htm
    UAError, Feb 6, 2004
  4. Albert

    Kumar Reddi Guest

    Oh man.. thats a huge information.. Though, I am not the one who requested.
    But thts a great deal of information..

    Kumar Reddi, Feb 6, 2004
  5. Albert

    Albert Guest

    Oh man, That is whole lot of information. Thanks,

    FYI, I do work with computers ;-), haveing some experiance in .net, sql
    server, c# and asp.net. I am planning to finish MCSD.NET by 2 months.

    Thanks again,
    Albert.

    Albert, Feb 9, 2004
  6. Albert