    d20_9999 Guest

    Is this a lifetime certification, or will I have to retest after a certain
    period of time? If so, how long?

    d20_9999, Oct 31, 2006

  2. There is currently no posted expiration date for the current MCDST
    certification. Normally, when Microsoft stops supporting an Operating
    System, they retire the certification. However, Microsoft tried to
    retire the NT 4.0 MCSE certification when Widows 2000 came out. This did
    not sit well with the I.T. community so they "extended/withdrew" the
    expiration. So to answer your question, it is a possibility that the
    certification may be life time (i.e. MCDST in Windows XP).

    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,
    Network+, i-Net+, CIW Assoc.,
    CIW Certified Instructor

    Michael D. Alligood, Oct 31, 2006

  3. Michael is right here.
    Microsoft quietly added a disclaimer on their MCP page that the Microsoft
    Certified Professional must have taken a current (non-discontinued) exam to
    remain an MCP. So it is possible to be an MCSE on NT 4 or an MCSD on Visual
    Studio 6 and NOT also be an MCP. They may do the same thing, eventually,
    with the MCDST, but hopefully by then you will have taken more exams and it
    will not matter anyway. I wouldn't even begin to start worrying about MCSDT
    being retired until they release the exams that will be replacing 70-271 and
    70-272. I would be very surprised and I don't foresee any exams being
    discontinued prior to June 30, 2008.
    --
    Larry J. West, MCSD, MOUS, FLMI, ACS

    LarryWestMCSD, Oct 31, 2006