    70-315.

    Thanks,
    JJ

    JJ, Nov 1, 2004

  2. JJ

    Saga Guest

    From reading the MS website, I understand that the cert is
    valid forvever, but it is up to you how you wnat to update it.

    For example, if some one asks you what your MCSD cert
    is in, I am sure that you'll feel more comfortable saying ".NET"
    than saying "VB4". :)

    Saga

    Saga, Nov 1, 2004

  3. JJ

    JJ Guest

    Thanks for the feedback.
    But what would you think Microsoft would do when .Net 2.0 is released.
    Would they create a new exam for this version? Do I have to retake it to
    keep my certification. And/or does Microsoft give "upgrade" exams (if this
    exists or happened already)?
    Regards,

    JJ, Nov 1, 2004
  4. JJ

    Saga Guest

    It really is up to MS whether they will "upgrade" the exam for NET2. If
    you are serious about keeping your certfication up to date, then it
    usually
    is wise to recertify yourself every so many years, depending on how the
    technology has advanced. Personally I don't think I would recertify
    myself for NET 2. I would probably wait 2 or 3 years while everything
    settles down. On the other hand, I would also not wait to certify
    myself.
    At this point I am studying for my certification and will do so as soon
    as
    I am believe I am ready, even if net 2 is months away because the change
    from net1 to net2 won't be as radical as it was from vb6 to net1. Even
    if
    MS does decide to upgrade its exams, it won't happen overnight, so if
    NET2 is months away, the new exams (if any at all) could be a year away.

    Sorry I couldn't be more specific

    Saga

    Saga, Nov 2, 2004
  5. Hi JJ,

    Perhaps the following article will help: "Microsoft Revamps Its IT
    Certification Program to Meet Customer Needs"
    (http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2001/Oct01/10-11MCPUpdatesPR.asp).

    www.cindywinegarden.com

    Cindy Winegarden, Nov 2, 2004
  6. JJ

    JJ Guest

    Hi,

    Thanks for the feedbacks. You've been of great help.
    I have decided to continue my MCAD and achieve it by early next year. I'll
    take my 70-320 exam in a 2 months time.
    And besides, it's better to have something than wait and have nothing,
    right? And in the long run, I think it would be worth it.

    Thanks again.
    JJ

    JJ, Nov 2, 2004