    P.S. my knowledge in XP is general not in depth, i use it every day.
    --
    Programmer/ Network Support Analyst Student

    SagaBoi17, Oct 1, 2004

  2. SagaBoi17

    eplfan Guest

    Using XP is alot different then trouble shooting problems
    for user's and users on a network. There are 2 exams
    needed to achive the mcdst certifiacion, and I would say
    that "collecting certifications" is not going to get you
    a job, a track record will.
    This is a good starting ground along with the A+
    certification as a way to get started. I studied about 4
    weeks, for the 20-272 and did well enough to pass, but I
    work in the industry and part of my job is
    troubleshooting users so I had a strong foundation and
    just needed to fill in some gaps.
    good luck!

    certifcates. I was
    >wondering if I start on the MCDST track, how long did it

    take u guys to study
    >the self study kit books, how much books did u read ( &

    which ones), & did u

    eplfan, Oct 3, 2004

  3. SagaBoi17

    cadman Guest

    No time spent studying, been supporting end lusers for years.

    See http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcdst/requirements.asp :

    Exams 70-271/70-272 became available January 12, 2004/ February 4, 2004.
    Audience Profile
    Candidates for this exam support end users who run Microsoft Windows® XP
    Professional in a corporate environment or Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    in a home environment. They should have experience using applications that
    are included with the operating system, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer
    and Microsoft Outlook Express, as well as the productivity applications used
    in a corporate environment, such as Microsoft Office applications.

    Candidates should be able to resolve operating system issues by telephone,
    by connecting to an end user's system remotely, or by visiting an end user's
    desktop. They should have a working knowledge of operating in a workgroup or
    Active Directory® domain environment and how end users are affected by each
    environment.

    This exam, when combined with 70/271/70-272 (the applications exam for
    desktop support technicians), should validate that a candidate can
    successfully answer, or escalate, all calls from end users.

    cadman, Oct 4, 2004