    So, do you wait a bit for your test strips to dry/settle down before
    printing full size prints? I feel I shall have to.

    John

    Eatmorepies, Oct 12, 2005

  2. Eatmorepies

    Mark² Guest

    Eatmorepies wrote:
    > I am using non Epson inks in an Epson 1290 and the results are quite
    > good.
    > But - they change over the first 20 minutes or so after coming out of
    > the printer. At first they are vibrant and glossy whatever the angle
    > of viewing, then they assume a slighly bluish sheen when viewed
    > obliquily. View pretty much square on they are nicely coloured and I
    > am satisfied with the results, considering they cost about 40 pence
    > per A3 print. (I am using a species of Epsom premium glossy bought on
    > eBay from Germany. It's not quite the same as the stuff I have bought
    > from Jessops but it's a fraction of the price.)

    My prints don't change much at all.
    You get what you pay for...most of the time.

    Mark², Oct 13, 2005

  3. Eatmorepies

    Guest

    I don't print my photos at all until I go through them on the
    monitor and decide which few I want to print - as opposed to which go
    to file photos or are used on the Web, for eBay illustrations, etc.
    I then take those few I want printed to a local full-service camera
    store - and have the prints the next day. I couldn't print them myself
    for less - when the cost of a color printer, toner, etc. is counted.

    Browse this gun show for FREE! Shop the
    http://stores.ebay.com/INTERNET-GUN-SHOW

    , Oct 13, 2005
  4. Eatmorepies

    Mark² Guest

    wrote:
    > I don't print my photos at all until I go through them on the
    > monitor and decide which few I want to print - as opposed to which go
    > to file photos or are used on the Web, for eBay illustrations, etc.
    > I then take those few I want printed to a local full-service camera
    > store - and have the prints the next day. I couldn't print them
    > myself for less - when the cost of a color printer, toner, etc. is
    > counted.
    >
    > Browse this gun show for FREE! Shop the
    > http://stores.ebay.com/INTERNET-GUN-SHOW

    Printing one's own images (for the picky among us) is for utmost
    quality...not cost savings.
    -Though there are many folks who DO print their own...with crummy results.

    For the rest of us, it's not about cost as much as it is about fully
    controlling the end result.

    Mark², Oct 13, 2005
  5. Eatmorepies

    Jim Guest

    On 2005-10-12 15:38:17 -0400, "Eatmorepies" <> said:

    > I am using non Epson inks in an Epson 1290 and the results are quite good.
    >
    > But - they change over the first 20 minutes or so after coming out of
    > the printer. At first they are vibrant and glossy whatever the angle of
    > viewing, then they assume a slighly bluish sheen when viewed obliquily.
    > View pretty much square on they are nicely coloured and I am satisfied
    > with the results, considering they cost about 40 pence per A3 print. (I
    > am using a species of Epsom premium glossy bought on eBay from Germany.
    > It's not quite the same as the stuff I have bought from Jessops but
    > it's a fraction of the price.)
    >
    > So, do you wait a bit for your test strips to dry/settle down before
    > printing full size prints? I feel I shall have to.
    >
    > John

    If my inks did that, I would change ink brands. Not worth the grief.
    There are enough variables.
    --
    Jim <jen....not....home..remvdots...@....yahoo

    Jim, Oct 13, 2005
  6. In article <>,
    <""> wrote:

    > I don't print my photos at all until I go through them on the
    > monitor and decide which few I want to print - as opposed to which go
    > to file photos or are used on the Web, for eBay illustrations, etc.
    > I then take those few I want printed to a local full-service camera
    > store - and have the prints the next day. I couldn't print them myself
    > for less - when the cost of a color printer, toner, etc. is counted.

    I wouldn't think of printing digital myself. Everything is sent
    (electronically) to a professional lab. Even with expensive printers,
    you'll never come close to what a good pro lab can do.

    Randall Ainsworth, Oct 13, 2005
  7. Eatmorepies

    Hermit Guest

    > wrote:
    >> I don't print my photos at all until I go through them on the
    >> monitor and decide which few I want to print - as opposed to which go
    >> to file photos or are used on the Web, for eBay illustrations, etc.
    >> I then take those few I want printed to a local full-service camera
    >> store - and have the prints the next day. I couldn't print them
    >> myself for less - when the cost of a color printer, toner, etc. is
    >> counted.
    >>
    >> Browse this gun show for FREE! Shop the
    >> http://stores.ebay.com/INTERNET-GUN-SHOW

    > Printing one's own images (for the picky among us) is for utmost
    > quality...not cost savings.
    > -Though there are many folks who DO print their own...with crummy results.
    >
    > For the rest of us, it's not about cost as much as it is about fully
    > controlling the end result.

    And it's a lot of fun too!

    Hermit, Oct 13, 2005
  8. Eatmorepies

    mark Guest

    Randall Ainsworth wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > <""> wrote:
    >
    > > I don't print my photos at all until I go through them on the
    > > monitor and decide which few I want to print - as opposed to which go
    > > to file photos or are used on the Web, for eBay illustrations, etc.
    > > I then take those few I want printed to a local full-service camera
    > > store - and have the prints the next day. I couldn't print them myself
    > > for less - when the cost of a color printer, toner, etc. is counted.

    > I wouldn't think of printing digital myself. Everything is sent
    > (electronically) to a professional lab. Even with expensive printers,
    > you'll never come close to what a good pro lab can do.

    Unless you know what youre doing

    mark, Oct 13, 2005
  9. Eatmorepies

    Mike Berger Guest

    Re: How long do you leave your prints before deciding if they arewhat you want?

    If you're using Epsom premium glossy bought on Ebay, you've got a
    counterfeit product.

    Mike Berger, Oct 13, 2005
  10. Eatmorepies

    Mike Berger Guest

    Re: How long do you leave your prints before deciding if they arewhat you want?

    Except that I have complete control over my own printing, and virtually
    none over the lab's.

    Mike Berger, Oct 13, 2005
  11. Eatmorepies

    Mark² Guest

    Mike Berger wrote:
    > Except that I have complete control over my own printing, and
    > virtually none over the lab's.

    Exactly.

    Mark², Oct 14, 2005