    Now, let's all hold hands and contact the living.

    --
    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties,
    Keyser Söze, Mar 3, 2009

  2. Keyser Söze

    Buffalo Guest

    Keyser Söze wrote:
    > How isolated is the US of A?
    >
    > Obanana said "balah, blah, blah, the United States and the entire
    > world economy, blah, blah, blah".
    >
    > Did he really mean to imply the US is a seperate entity from 'the
    > entire world economy'?
    >
    > Now, let's all hold hands and contact the living.

    Yeah, like what religion and what government would France and England and
    many other countires be under now if it wasn't for the US of America?
    WTF do you know about the World Economy?
    Perhaps you could state what affects it, since you 'seem' to be among the
    'living'.
    Buffalo, Mar 4, 2009

  3. Keyser Söze

    VanguardLH Guest

    Keyser Söze wrote:

    > How isolated is the US of A?
    > Obanana said "balah, blah, blah, the United States and the entire world

    I thought I heard something.
    Did you hear something?
    You sure you didn't hear anything?
    I thought ...
    No, I don't hear it anymore.
    Well ... must've been the wind.
    VanguardLH, Mar 4, 2009
  4. Keyser Söze

    VanguardLH Guest

    Buffalo wrote:

    > Keyser Söze wrote:
    >> How isolated is the US of A?
    >>
    >> Obanana said "balah, blah, blah, the United States and the entire
    >> world economy, blah, blah, blah".
    >>
    >> Did he really mean to imply the US is a seperate entity from 'the
    >> entire world economy'?
    >>
    >> Now, let's all hold hands and contact the living.

    > Yeah, like what religion and what government would France and England and
    > many other countires be under now if it wasn't for the US of America?
    > WTF do you know about the World Economy?
    > Perhaps you could state what affects it, since you 'seem' to be among the
    > 'living'.

    "What we suppose Nazism must surely have been about usually tells us as
    much about contemporary societies as about the past purportedly under
    review. The insistence that Nazism was an anti-Christian movement has
    been one of the most enduring truisms of the past fifty years. ...
    Exploring the possibility that many Nazis regarded themselves as
    Christian would have decisively undermined the myths of the Cold War and
    the regeneration of the German nation ... Nearly all Western societies
    retain a sense of Christian identity to this day. ... That Nazism as the
    world-historical metaphor for human evil and wickedness should in some
    way have been related to Christianity can therefore be regarded by many
    only as unthinkable."
    (Steigmann-Gall, circa 2003)

    Despite the conflicts between different factions within the Reich, I
    would suspect that there was still some prominent religions or sects
    practicing their faith at the time. I thought Germany had been divided
    primarily between Lutherans and Protestants. So what were France and
    England before the Reich and Nazis? Well, wouldn't that mean they'd
    still be the same if the USA didn't unwillingly get dragged in?

    Do I really care? No. It's "What if" conjecture, anyway. Where would
    we be if not for Spain funding a explorer, maybe Genoese, to discover a
    shorter path to the Indies? Or the French, Dutch, Spanish, and English
    deciding to colonize (er, steal) the Americas. Oh, and of course we the
    colonists had no support from the French, Dutch, and Spanish in helping
    defeat the Brits during the American Revolutionary War. Oh no, we did
    it all alone, uh huh. Don't schools teach history anymore? Guess it
    might get in the way of all that flag waving.

    Amazing how so many self-proclaimed purebreds and country-oriented
    separatists don't realize that all humans are mutts. And with
    ever-diminishing geographical barriers and lessening time constraints,
    we're bent of mixing our breeds as fast as we can copulate. Hump-ah
    hump-ah hump-ah.

    Anyone remember the name of a television show that was all about cause
    and effect in history? For example, one show was about, I think, a
    produce cart that escaped control of its owner and ran into a carriage
    killing a dignitary whose death led to some war that lead to ... and so
    on. Or how postal mail started when an Italian monk decided to start
    carrying correspondence between Italian and French abbeys.
    VanguardLH, Mar 4, 2009
  5. Keyser Söze

    catchme Guest

    Buffalo wrote:
    > Keyser Söze wrote:
    >> How isolated is the US of A?
    >>
    >> Obanana said "balah, blah, blah, the United States and the entire
    >> world economy, blah, blah, blah".
    >>
    >> Did he really mean to imply the US is a seperate entity from 'the
    >> entire world economy'?
    >>
    >> Now, let's all hold hands and contact the living.

    > Yeah, like what religion and what government would France and England and
    > many other countires be under now if it wasn't for the US of America?
    > WTF do you know about the World Economy?
    > Perhaps you could state what affects it, since you 'seem' to be among the
    > 'living'.

    well we all know that the US is full of shit, going about proclaiming
    that they have the moral authority to do in the world as they please.
    That arrogance is what took the British Empire down a few pegs.

    --
    To the States or any one of them, or any city of the States,
    Resist much, obey little,

    -Walt Whitman, 1860
    catchme, Mar 4, 2009
  6. Keyser Söze

    Old Gringo Guest

    Two Cents To The Keyser Söze Post:
    > How isolated is the US of A?
    >
    > Obanana said "balah, blah, blah, the United States and the entire world
    > economy, blah, blah, blah".
    >
    > Did he really mean to imply the US is a seperate entity from 'the entire
    > world economy'?
    >
    > Now, let's all hold hands and contact the living.

    News Flash: Most Americans work for a living and pay taxes. The 3
    Trillion dollar proposed budget comes from the taxes paid by working
    Americans. The proposed 3 Trillion dollar budget which you can obtain
    a copy of here: http://www.gpoaccess.gov/usbudget/ you will find that
    it is designed to take care of the entire world. Until you have
    read the proposed budget and understand just what it covers, I
    suggest you go piss up a rope.

    Yours Truly

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Old Gringo, Mar 4, 2009
  7. Keyser Söze

    Keyser Söze Guest

    Buffalo <> wrote in message

    > Keyser Söze wrote:
    >> How isolated is the US of A?
    >>
    >> Obanana said "balah, blah, blah, the United States and the entire
    >> world economy, blah, blah, blah".
    >>
    >> Did he really mean to imply the US is a seperate entity from 'the
    >> entire world economy'?
    >>
    >> Now, let's all hold hands and contact the living.

    > Yeah, like what religion and what government would France and England
    > and many other countires be under now if it wasn't for the US of
    > America? WTF do you know about the World Economy?

    You miss the point. His statement implied that he sees the world economy as
    different if not separate to that of the grand old US of A.

    And as for what I know of the world economy as in depth as it is, would make
    not a jot of difference if one were to convey the simplest of concepts of it
    to your good self.

    > Perhaps you could state what affects it,

    Not quite sure what you mean there old bean. Wanna clue me in?

    > since you 'seem' to be among the 'living'.

    Did I say that? Did I even imply it? Read that little iddy-biddy again :)
    I'm sure you'll geddit the second time around.

    --
    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties,
    Keyser Söze, Mar 4, 2009
  8. Keyser Söze

    Keyser Söze Guest

    Old Gringo <> wrote in message

    > In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    > Two Cents To The Keyser Söze Post:
    >> How isolated is the US of A?
    >>
    >> Obanana said "balah, blah, blah, the United States and the entire
    >> world economy, blah, blah, blah".
    >>
    >> Did he really mean to imply the US is a seperate entity from 'the
    >> entire world economy'?
    >>
    >> Now, let's all hold hands and contact the living.
    >>

    > News Flash: Most Americans work for a living and pay taxes. The 3
    > Trillion dollar proposed budget comes from the taxes paid by working
    > Americans. The proposed 3 Trillion dollar budget which you can obtain
    > a copy of here: http://www.gpoaccess.gov/usbudget/ you will find that
    > it is designed to take care of the entire world. Until you have
    > read the proposed budget and understand just what it covers, I
    > suggest you go piss up a rope.
    >
    > Yours Truly

    I don't need to read any of that; one has only got to look around to see
    what's happened, what's happening, and what will happen in the future - No,
    I don't need to be spoon-fed or indoctrinated, thank you.

    But back to the point which I am most surprised you missed. That Obanana
    seems to consider the US and its economy as separate to 'the world
    economy' - Do you think he meant it to come across as that, or is the US
    still so far up itself it can no longer see the wood for the trees?

    To think that paying debt off with yet more debt is the way to go LOL

    --
    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties,
    Keyser Söze, Mar 4, 2009
  9. Keyser Söze

    DNA Guest

    Buffalo <> wrote:
    > Keyser Söze wrote:
    >> How isolated is the US of A?
    >>
    >> Obanana said "balah, blah, blah, the United States and the entire
    >> world economy, blah, blah, blah".
    >>
    >> Did he really mean to imply the US is a seperate entity from 'the
    >> entire world economy'?
    >>
    >> Now, let's all hold hands and contact the living.

    > Yeah, like what religion and what government would France and England
    > and many other countires be under now if it wasn't for the US of
    > America? WTF do you know about the World Economy?
    > Perhaps you could state what affects it, since you 'seem' to be among
    > the 'living'.

    WHOOSH!

    And I for one thought we were all in this stinking piss-pot together -
    Perhaps Keyster's right, perhaps the US is working alone and in an insular
    way.

    Certainly a business won't survive in a vacuum, I wonder what makes the US
    and its people think /it/ or /they/ will.
    DNA, Mar 4, 2009
  10. Keyser Söze

    DNA Guest

    VanguardLH <> wrote:
    > Keyser Söze wrote:
    >
    >> How isolated is the US of A?
    >> Obanana said "balah, blah, blah, the United States and the entire
    >> world ...

    > I thought I heard something.
    > Did you hear something?
    > You sure you didn't hear anything?
    > I thought ...
    > No, I don't hear it anymore.
    > Well ... must've been the wind.

    And there you have it folks, the first sign of madness, VanguardLH expresses
    his mumblings to himself which is a euphamism for burying his head in the
    sand.

    You can always rely on the yanks for their true colours to rise to the
    surface as regular as clockwork.

    Why don't you just plonk him?
    DNA, Mar 4, 2009
  11. Keyser Söze

    DNA Guest

    Old Gringo <> wrote:
    > In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    > Two Cents To The Keyser Söze Post:
    >> How isolated is the US of A?
    >>
    >> Obanana said "balah, blah, blah, the United States and the entire
    >> world economy, blah, blah, blah".
    >>
    >> Did he really mean to imply the US is a seperate entity from 'the
    >> entire world economy'?
    >>
    >> Now, let's all hold hands and contact the living.
    >>

    > News Flash: Most Americans work for a living and pay taxes. The 3
    > Trillion dollar proposed budget comes from the taxes paid by working
    > Americans.

    The proposed 3 Trillion dollar budget which you can obtain
    > a copy of here: http://www.gpoaccess.gov/usbudget/ you will find that
    > it is designed to take care of the entire world.

    LOL Now that is funny - So, when all the dust has settled, you are saying
    that it will have been the US that bailed out the world.

    Unbelievable!

    > Until you have read the proposed budget and understand just what
    > it covers,

    Are you saying it's necessary to 'raise' more debt to pay off debt? The US
    is 0wn3d :)

    > I suggest you go piss up a rope.

    Is that better or worse than pissing in the wind, do you think? ;-)

    > Yours Truly

    In order for that to be the case, you must first be 'true' to yourself - And
    as a US citizen, that impossible, in fact, it's an exercise in futility.
    DNA, Mar 4, 2009
  12. Keyser Söze

    Iapetus Guest

    Keyser Söze wrote:
    > How isolated is the US of A?
    >
    > Obanana said "balah, blah, blah, the United States and the entire world
    > economy, blah, blah, blah".

    The ones who sign the pay checks to get him elected want America to
    start Protectionism.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protectionism

    Protectionism is the economic policy of restraining trade between
    nations, through methods such as tariffs on imported goods, restrictive
    quotas, and a variety of other restrictive government regulations
    designed to discourage imports, and prevent foreign take-over of local
    markets and companies.

    Trouble is, if they do that then other nations will refuse imports from
    the US. Also, every person in the US will have to pay top dollar for the
    cheapest of goods.

    > Did he really mean to imply the US is a seperate entity from 'the entire
    > world economy'?

    Normal behaviour from the other side of The Pond.
    Iapetus, Mar 4, 2009
  13. Keyser Söze

    Keyser Söze Guest

    Iapetus <> wrote in message news:gom5ff$ske$:

    > Keyser Söze wrote:
    >> How isolated is the US of A?
    >>
    >> Obanana said "balah, blah, blah, the United States and the entire
    >> world economy, blah, blah, blah".
    >>

    > The ones who sign the pay checks to get him elected want America to
    > start Protectionism.
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protectionism
    >
    > Protectionism is the economic policy of restraining trade between
    > nations, through methods such as tariffs on imported goods,
    > restrictive quotas, and a variety of other restrictive government
    > regulations designed to discourage imports, and prevent foreign
    > take-over of local markets and companies.

    Thanks for the 101 :)

    > Trouble is, if they do that then other nations will refuse imports
    > from the US. Also, every person in the US will have to pay top dollar
    > for the cheapest of goods.

    No different to an insular approach then.

    >> Did he really mean to imply the US is a seperate entity from 'the
    >> entire world economy'?

    > Normal behaviour from the other side of The Pond.

    How so? The behaviour you just alluded aligned to the slant I gave it is no
    different; It was merely an observation on my part, but you just confirmed
    it to be so.

    --
    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties,
    Keyser Söze, Mar 4, 2009
  14. Keyser Söze

    Buffalo Guest

    Keyser Söze wrote:
    > Buffalo <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Keyser Söze wrote:
    >>> How isolated is the US of A?
    >>>
    >>> Obanana said "balah, blah, blah, the United States and the entire
    >>> world economy, blah, blah, blah".
    >>>
    >>> Did he really mean to imply the US is a seperate entity from 'the
    >>> entire world economy'?
    >>>
    >>> Now, let's all hold hands and contact the living.

    >> Yeah, like what religion and what government would France and England
    >> and many other countires be under now if it wasn't for the US of
    >> America? WTF do you know about the World Economy?

    > You miss the point. His statement implied that he sees the world
    > economy as different if not separate to that of the grand old US of A.
    >
    > And as for what I know of the world economy as in depth as it is,
    > would make not a jot of difference if one were to convey the simplest
    > of concepts of it to your good self.
    >
    >> Perhaps you could state what affects it,

    > Not quite sure what you mean there old bean. Wanna clue me in?
    >
    >> since you 'seem' to be among the 'living'.

    > Did I say that? Did I even imply it? Read that little iddy-biddy
    > again :) I'm sure you'll geddit the second time around.

    You're right, I never should have posted anything.
    I was in the wrong frame of mind.
    Sorry
    Buffalo, Mar 4, 2009
  15. Keyser Söze

    Old Gringo Guest

    Two Cents To The DNA Post:
    > Old Gringo <> wrote:
    >> In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    >> Two Cents To The Keyser Söze Post:
    >>> How isolated is the US of A?
    >>>
    >>> Obanana said "balah, blah, blah, the United States and the entire
    >>> world economy, blah, blah, blah".
    >>>
    >>> Did he really mean to imply the US is a seperate entity from 'the
    >>> entire world economy'?
    >>>
    >>> Now, let's all hold hands and contact the living.
    >>>

    >> News Flash: Most Americans work for a living and pay taxes. The 3
    >> Trillion dollar proposed budget comes from the taxes paid by working
    >> Americans.

    > The proposed 3 Trillion dollar budget which you can obtain
    >> a copy of here: http://www.gpoaccess.gov/usbudget/ you will find that
    >> it is designed to take care of the entire world.

    > LOL Now that is funny - So, when all the dust has settled, you are saying
    > that it will have been the US that bailed out the world.
    >
    > Unbelievable!
    >
    >> Until you have read the proposed budget and understand just what
    >> it covers,

    > Are you saying it's necessary to 'raise' more debt to pay off debt? The US
    > is 0wn3d :)
    >
    >> I suggest you go piss up a rope.

    > Is that better or worse than pissing in the wind, do you think? ;-)
    >
    >> Yours Truly

    > In order for that to be the case, you must first be 'true' to yourself - And
    > as a US citizen, that impossible, in fact, it's an exercise in futility.

    You know. you might make a good half ass news caster, especially
    seeing that you're set out to insult your own intelligence.

    Old Gringo, Mar 4, 2009
  16. Keyser Söze

    Old Gringo Guest

    Two Cents To The Keyser Söze Post:
    > Old Gringo <> wrote in message
    >
    >> In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    >> Two Cents To The Keyser Söze Post:
    >>> How isolated is the US of A?
    >>>
    >>> Obanana said "balah, blah, blah, the United States and the entire
    >>> world economy, blah, blah, blah".
    >>>
    >>> Did he really mean to imply the US is a seperate entity from 'the
    >>> entire world economy'?
    >>>
    >>> Now, let's all hold hands and contact the living.
    >>>

    >> News Flash: Most Americans work for a living and pay taxes. The 3
    >> Trillion dollar proposed budget comes from the taxes paid by working
    >> Americans. The proposed 3 Trillion dollar budget which you can obtain
    >> a copy of here: http://www.gpoaccess.gov/usbudget/ you will find that
    >> it is designed to take care of the entire world. Until you have
    >> read the proposed budget and understand just what it covers, I
    >> suggest you go piss up a rope.
    >>
    >> Yours Truly

    > I don't need to read any of that; one has only got to look around to see
    > what's happened, what's happening, and what will happen in the future - No,
    > I don't need to be spoon-fed or indoctrinated, thank you.
    >
    > But back to the point which I am most surprised you missed. That Obanana
    > seems to consider the US and its economy as separate to 'the world
    > economy' - Do you think he meant it to come across as that, or is the US
    > still so far up itself it can no longer see the wood for the trees?
    >
    > To think that paying debt off with yet more debt is the way to go LOL

    I guess all we can do is wait and see. You do have my curiosity
    aroused a bit, I am wondering why you are waisting your time here
    with your superb knowledge when your information could be better used
    at a higher level.

    Old Gringo, Mar 4, 2009
  17. Keyser Söze

    G. Morgan Guest

    Keyser Söze wrote:

    >How isolated is the US of A?
    >
    >Obanana said "balah, blah, blah, the United States and the entire world
    >economy, blah, blah, blah".

    He was probably addressing an American audience, I don't see anything wrong
    with that.

    >Did he really mean to imply the US is a seperate entity from 'the entire
    >world economy'?

    If your question is rhetorical as I suspect, then the answer is 'no'.

    If you would provide a link with a video clip or official transcript of the
    speech then maybe we can all be talking about the same thing, eh?
    G. Morgan, Mar 4, 2009
  18. Keyser Söze

    VanguardLH Guest

    DNA wrote:

    > VanguardLH <> wrote:
    >> Keyser Söze wrote:
    >>
    >>> How isolated is the US of A?
    >>> Obanana said "balah, blah, blah, the United States and the entire
    >>> world ...

    >> I thought I heard something.
    >> Did you hear something?
    >> You sure you didn't hear anything?
    >> I thought ...
    >> No, I don't hear it anymore.
    >> Well ... must've been the wind.

    > And there you have it folks, the first sign of madness, VanguardLH expresses
    > his mumblings to himself which is a euphamism for burying his head in the
    > sand.
    >
    > You can always rely on the yanks for their true colours to rise to the
    > surface as regular as clockwork.
    >
    > Why don't you just plonk him?

    And from someone too lazy to read the other posts, including my other
    post. Here we have someone hell bent on exhibiting his laziness.
    VanguardLH, Mar 4, 2009
  19. Keyser Söze

    DNA Guest

    Old Gringo <> wrote:
    > In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    > Two Cents To The DNA Post:
    >> Old Gringo <> wrote:
    >>> In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    >>> Two Cents To The Keyser Söze Post:

    >>> News Flash: Most Americans work for a living and pay taxes. The 3
    >>> Trillion dollar proposed budget comes from the taxes paid by working
    >>> Americans.

    >> The proposed 3 Trillion dollar budget which you can obtain
    >>> a copy of here: http://www.gpoaccess.gov/usbudget/ you will find
    >>> that it is designed to take care of the entire world.

    >> LOL Now that is funny - So, when all the dust has settled, you are
    >> saying that it will have been the US that bailed out the world.
    >>
    >> Unbelievable!
    >>
    >>> Until you have read the proposed budget and understand just what
    >>> it covers,

    >> Are you saying it's necessary to 'raise' more debt to pay off debt?
    >> The US is 0wn3d :)
    >>
    >>> I suggest you go piss up a rope.

    >> Is that better or worse than pissing in the wind, do you think? ;-)
    >>
    >>> Yours Truly

    >> In order for that to be the case, you must first be 'true' to
    >> yourself - And as a US citizen, that impossible, in fact, it's an
    >> exercise in futility.

    > You know. you might make a good half ass news caster, especially
    > seeing that you're set out to insult your own intelligence.

    Oh no, I feign my intelligence, I thought that was obvious ;-)
    DNA, Mar 4, 2009
  20. Keyser Söze

    Keyser Söze Guest

    Old Gringo <> wrote in message

    > In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    > Two Cents To The Keyser Söze Post:
    >> Old Gringo <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    >>> Two Cents To The Keyser Söze Post:

    >>> News Flash: Most Americans work for a living and pay taxes. The 3
    >>> Trillion dollar proposed budget comes from the taxes paid by working
    >>> Americans. The proposed 3 Trillion dollar budget which you can
    >>> obtain a copy of here: http://www.gpoaccess.gov/usbudget/ you will
    >>> find that it is designed to take care of the entire world. Until
    >>> you have read the proposed budget and understand just what it
    >>> covers, I suggest you go piss up a rope.
    >>>
    >>> Yours Truly

    >> I don't need to read any of that; one has only got to look around to
    >> see what's happened, what's happening, and what will happen in the
    >> future - No, I don't need to be spoon-fed or indoctrinated, thank
    >> you. But back to the point which I am most surprised you missed. That
    >> Obanana seems to consider the US and its economy as separate to 'the
    >> world economy' - Do you think he meant it to come across as that, or
    >> is the US still so far up itself it can no longer see the wood for
    >> the trees? To think that paying debt off with yet more debt is the way to
    >> go LOL
    >>

    > I guess all we can do is wait and see. You do have my curiosity
    > aroused a bit, I am wondering why you are waisting your time here
    > with your superb knowledge when your information could be better used
    > at a higher level.

    LOL "superb knowledge" or not, nobody'd 'ave m' ;-)

    Yes, let's wait and see, but don't hold ya breath whatever you do.

    --
    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties,
    Keyser Söze, Mar 4, 2009