    how it is against the famous d40 or the canon 400 ?

    what lens can you recommand that cost reasonable price?, and cover
    wide range of distances.
    Over G, May 13, 2007

  2. (Over G) wrote:
    > how is the view finder?

    Bright, clear, does the job. :)

    > how is the weight?

    Heavier than I'd like. But that's DSLRs for you.

    > how is the quality of the pics?

    Excellent (especially in low light/high ISO conditions), but it
    sometimes requires more effort than a P&S to get a good "straight out of
    the camera" shot.

    My 100D is the only DSLR I've ever handled, so I can't help with
    comparisons to others.

    Andrew McP
    Andrew MacPherson, May 14, 2007

  3. Over G

    Pete D Guest

    Have a look at www.pentaxworld.com lots of people there using K100D, etc.
    Pete D, May 14, 2007
  4. Over G

    Steve B Guest

    "Over G" <> wrote in message
    > hi
    > I would like an opinion about this camera, from people that used it,
    > or have it
    > how is the view finder?
    > how is the weight?
    >
    > how is the quality of the pics?
    >
    > (I have read a lot on that camera. but can not decide. )
    > how it is against the famous d40 or the canon 400 ?
    >
    > what lens can you recommand that cost reasonable price?, and cover
    > wide range of distances.

    It's a nice camera to use, I've no regrets in buying it 7 months ago but as
    others have said you have to take the time to learn it. If you do some PP
    you won't want for 10MP, there's very little difference detail-wise between
    a K100D 6MP upsized to 10MP and any of the 10MP camera's images, not that
    I'm suggesting images should be upsized, I've just done it a few times out
    of interest. It's lower noise than the 10MP cams and there's hardly any
    internal noise reduction so high ISO pics are detailed and respond very well
    to the likes of Neat Image and Noiseware, giving much better images than the
    likes of the overprocessed at high ISO D40 IMHO, but again you have to
    invest the time to get the real benefit. There's some comparisons made
    with the D40 and D80
    here........http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/content/Pentax-K100D-Digital-Camera-Review.htm
    Steve B, May 14, 2007
  5. Over G

    Over G Guest

    On May 14, 9:48 am, "Pete D" <> wrote:
    > "Over G" <> wrote in message

    > > hi
    > > I would like an opinion about this camera, from people that used it,
    > > or have it
    > > how is the view finder?
    > > how is the weight?

    > > how is the quality of the pics?

    > > (I have read a lot on that camera. but can not decide. )
    > > how it is against the famous d40 or the canon 400 ?

    > > what lens can you recommand that cost reasonable price?, and cover
    > > wide range of distances.

    > Have a look atwww.pentaxworld.comlots of people there using K100D, etc.

    can you recommand on a nice wide range lens (like 18-200 an so,,) with
    nice price?
    Over G, May 14, 2007