    compared to a cell phone?

    Thanks in advance

    LEESA (I)

    LEESA, Jan 11, 2010

  2. LEESA

    LEESA Guest

    Thanks for the replies. I guess my confusion stems from the various
    devices that are out there today. I am not necessarily talking about
    a PHONE. I see various devices out there. Such as the ZUNE HD.
    http://www.zune.net/zunehd and other media devices that claim to have
    WiFi and web browsing capabilities.

    Now... if this were all true, then it would SEEM that you could do
    many of the things you could do with a SMARTPHONE or "high end" cell
    phones, such as download apps, listen to music, surf the web etc...
    without having to pay like $60 or more per month to do it. I would
    guess that alot of those fees are because with a cell phone you are
    using minutes.

    For me... a cell phone is a cell phone. Wouldn't it be cheaper in
    the long run to have a cell phone seperate from one of these so called
    "web enabled" media devices that can do all sorts of stuff or is there
    something I am missing?

    So, in closing, aside from the fact that you can TALK on a cell phone,
    can't some of these media and PDAs with Wifi and web do a lot of the
    stuff (minus talking) that you can do with a smartphone?

    Thanks :)

    LEESA (I)

    LEESA, Jan 11, 2010