How is NORTON ?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Comcast Newsgroups, Sep 21, 2007.

  1. How is the Internet Package by NORTON?

    Would you recommend it or rather something else?
    Comcast Newsgroups, Sep 21, 2007

  2. Comcast Newsgroups

    Todd H. Guest

    "Comcast Newsgroups" <> writes:

    > How is the Internet Package by NORTON?

    It's excrement.

    > Would you recommend it or rather something else?

    Trend Micro or Eset's NOD32 for AV are popular and much less
    invasive.

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/
    Todd H., Sep 22, 2007

  3. Comcast Newsgroups

    Fenny Fox Guest

    Bloated.

    I stopped even giving it a passing glance after 2003.

    Fenny Fox
    http://fenrisfox.livejournal.com

    Fenny Fox, Sep 22, 2007
  4. Comcast Newsgroups

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 18:09:16 -0400, "Comcast Newsgroups"
    <> wrote:

    >How is the Internet Package by NORTON?

    Like people posting in HTML its something
    to be avoided.

    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, Sep 23, 2007
  5. Comcast Newsgroups

    Fenny Fox Guest

    Jim Watt wrote:
    > On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 18:09:16 -0400, "Comcast Newsgroups"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> How is the Internet Package by NORTON?

    > Like people posting in HTML its something
    > to be avoided.

    (snippage)

    Hehe. =:eek:D I noticed the bold - and then the CAPS on top of it. =;o)

    I didn't even think about the HTML-layer part of it, oddly enough... I
    guess my brain was out on some cloud somewhere... =:eek:D

    Fenny Fox, Sep 24, 2007
  6. Comcast Newsgroups

    Guest

    On Sep 21, 2:09 pm, "Comcast Newsgroups" <>
    wrote:
    > How is the Internet Package by NORTON?
    >
    > Would you recommend it or rather something else?

    Norton is more like a virus itself, than the Anti-Virus program it was
    intended to be...
    , Nov 5, 2007
  7. Comcast Newsgroups

    Admins Guest

    On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 03:55:51 -0000, wrote:

    > On Sep 21, 2:09 pm, "Comcast Newsgroups" <>
    > wrote:
    >> How is the Internet Package by NORTON?
    >>
    >> Would you recommend it or rather something else?

    > Norton is more like a virus itself, than the Anti-Virus program it was
    > intended to be...

    Try Anti-Vir, it's excellent, free and in our software section,

    Regards
    --
    Admin

    * www.privacyoffshore.net (No Logs Internet Surfing)
    * Anonymous Secure Offshore SSH-2 Surfing Tunnels
    Admins, Nov 6, 2007