  1. Mr_Bill

    Mr_Bill Guest

    Mozilla looks and acts just like Netscape 7.0?

    Mr_Bill, Jan 3, 2004

  2. Mr_Bill

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jan 3, 2004

  3. Mr_Bill

    rich Guest

    On 1/2/04 6:24 PM, Mr_Bill wrote:

    > Mozilla looks and acts just like Netscape 7.0?

    There is no more support for netscape 7.1. AOL will not make any more
    releases to fix problems. The Mozilla Foundation has taken over and
    continue to add new features and fix bugs.

    rich, Jan 3, 2004
  4. Mr_Bill

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 00:24:17 GMT, Mr_Bill wrote:

    >Mozilla looks and acts just like Netscape 7.0?

    It's the otherway around, so I recall.

    8 Dec 2003,
    Mozilla 1.6b
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.6b) Gecko/20031208

    8 Feb 2003,
    Netscape 7.02
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.0.2) Gecko/20030208
    Netscape/7.02

    Copyright © 2000-2003 Netscape Communications Corporation. Portions of
    this code are copyrighted by Contributors to the Mozilla codebase under
    the Mozilla Public License and Netscape Public License.

    There is a NS 7.1 , have not tried it yet.
    Mozilla is more upto date then NS.
    A quick read of the online FAQs/Current Projects/Distros has a few
    answers -

    http://channels.netscape.com/ns/browsers/faq.jsp#gen1aa
    How is Netscape 7.1 related to the open source development at
    mozilla.org?
    - Netscape 7.1 is created in an open source community called
    mozilla.org. Through this open development process, Netscape takes
    advantage of the talents and achievements of a worldwide group of open
    source developers.

    What is Netscape Gecko?
    - Netscape 7.1 is based on Netscape Gecko, a small, fast,
    standards-compliant layout engine. The layout engine is at the heart of
    a browser -- it is the software that controls how a web page appears on
    your screen.

    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/distros.html
    Netscape 7.
    The most well-known distribution of Mozilla-based technologies.
    Netscape 7 has user interface is tuned for end-users rather than
    development and additional features such as AIM and a spell checker.

    Okay, to be fair just installing NS7.1 as I was getting pestered by
    update notices anyway.

    24 Jun 2003, It's version string is
    Netscape 7.1
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624
    Netscape/7.1 (ax)

    Me

    why?, Jan 3, 2004