    They cut nearly 40% of the image!!!

    Good thing I've got a friend at the DVD store, and they took back the
    set. I don't want it, the way it was raped.

    Stan Jensen, Nov 22, 2006

  2. Stan Jensen

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Stan Jensen" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Anyone get this set? Whoever idiots that did it pan & scanned the
    > episodes!!!
    >
    > They cut nearly 40% of the image!!!
    >
    > Good thing I've got a friend at the DVD store, and they took back the
    > set. I don't want it, the way it was raped.

    Do you think they air this show in 2.35:1 or something? The difference
    between 16:9 to 4:3 is a 25% reduction, not 40%.

    Shows like this air on the network's SD channel in 4:3 and the HD
    channel in 16:9. Like most sitcoms, this show is primarily composed for
    4:3 with a lot of empty dead space on the sides of the screen in 16:9.
    The show's producers picked 4:3 as their preferred framing for the DVD.
    That hardly qualifies as a raping.

    Joshua Zyber, Nov 22, 2006

  3. Stan Jensen

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, "Joshua Zyber" <> wrote:
    >"Stan Jensen" <> wrote in message
    >> Anyone get this set? Whoever idiots that did it pan & scanned the
    >> episodes!!!
    >>
    >> They cut nearly 40% of the image!!!
    >>
    >> Good thing I've got a friend at the DVD store, and they took back the
    >> set. I don't want it, the way it was raped.

    >Do you think they air this show in 2.35:1 or something? The difference
    >between 16:9 to 4:3 is a 25% reduction, not 40%.
    >
    >Shows like this air on the network's SD channel in 4:3 and the HD
    >channel in 16:9. Like most sitcoms, this show is primarily composed for
    >4:3 with a lot of empty dead space on the sides of the screen in 16:9.
    >The show's producers picked 4:3 as their preferred framing for the DVD.
    >That hardly qualifies as a raping.

    No but it is mentally retarded of them!

    GMAN, Nov 23, 2006