    finally got rid of the dammed thing. What a hassle. I've seen on Google that
    there are free programs which can work, but some people had no luck with
    them. That's why I bought "SpyHunter 3".
    McFerg, Dec 24, 2008

  2. McFerg

    Guest

    "McFerg" <> wrote:

    >Mcafee and Windows Defender recognized it, but would not clear it. It kept
    >coming back every few seconds. I tried for about 4 hours to get rid of it,
    >but nothing worked. I finally downloaded and purchased "SpyHunter 3" from
    >Enigma Software. It cost around $30, and I scanned the computer. It
    >recognized the Trojan but did not get rid of it, so I went in to the
    >helpdesk and sent a ticket (email) and told them that I could not get rid of
    >"Spyware guard 2008 ". I got a reply within about 5 mins which said they
    >would email me within 24 hours with a solution. Next morning I had an email
    >which said they had sent a "Custom Fix" to the program on my computer. When
    >I opened SpyHunter 3, there was a Custom Fix tab on the bottom of the
    >screen, which I clicked on and followed the instructions, ran a scan and
    >finally got rid of the dammed thing. What a hassle. I've seen on Google that
    >there are free programs which can work, but some people had no luck with
    >them. That's why I bought "SpyHunter 3".

    I'd say it was worth the $30 for sending a file they refer to as a
    custom fix, it worked, didn't take forever, and you are now a loyal
    customer.

    I do hate to say anything bad about any of it; but google does show a
    post of Oct 2, 2008 they posted publicly to remove it.
    www.bleepingcomputer.com/malware-removal/remove-spyware-guard-2008

    HiJackthis (My personal favorite) would of removed it as well

    Symptoms that may be in a HijackThis Log:
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [spywareguard] C:\Program Files\Spyware Guard
    2008\spywareguard.exe
    --

    Face appears in an icicle.
    Since it's in the Godless Northwest, no one's claiming it's Jesus