    i know in a CD i can put only 80 minutes of audio.. (.cda format) can i
    do that in a DVD? make a DVD with .cda format..??

    , Jun 17, 2006

  2. unclejr Guest

    wrote:
    > i need to put audio in a DVD..
    >
    > i know in a CD i can put only 80 minutes of audio.. (.cda format) can i
    > do that in a DVD? make a DVD with .cda format..??

    And play it with what? To answer your question -- in a word: no. HTH.

    -Junior

    unclejr, Jun 17, 2006

  3. Rich Clark Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >i need to put audio in a DVD..
    >
    > i know in a CD i can put only 80 minutes of audio.. (.cda format) can i
    > do that in a DVD? make a DVD with .cda format..??

    No. CD Audio involves not just the file format, but the physical
    characteristics of the disc. A DVD cannot be a CD, and no CD players will
    read DVD media.

    You can put MP3 files on a DVD, and many DVD players will play them.

    RichC

    Rich Clark, Jun 17, 2006
  4. Biz Guest

    Yes and no....If you rip each track as a 44khz 16-bit stereo wave file, you
    can put them easily convert them to 48khz 16-bit LPCM format and put them
    right on a dvd, usually creating a still image during the dvd authoring
    process to run while the audio is playing...every dvd player should be able
    to play it as long as it supports the burned media you use to make it
    with....LPCM is one of the fully supported audio formats for the DVD
    spec....

    Biz, Jun 18, 2006
  5. Guest Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >i need to put audio in a DVD..
    >
    > i know in a CD i can put only 80 minutes of audio.. (.cda format) can i
    > do that in a DVD? make a DVD with .cda format..??

    I'm not sure how many audio protocols are covered in the DVD standard. I'm
    pretty sure that all DVD players must be able to play 48k, 16 bit linear
    pulse code modulated signals. (I'm also pretty sure that 44.1k/16 is NOT
    supported.) So the answer to your question is No, DVD will not play the
    ..cda format, but if you can convert to 48k, you're home.

    Norm Strong

    Guest, Jun 18, 2006