how i can let one Username logon to domain?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Tark Siala, Apr 21, 2006.

  1. Tark Siala

    Tark Siala Guest

    hi
    i have a domain (Company.com)
    and have many users (UserA, UserB, UserC)
    i need if UserA logon to my domain, another user cant logon by same username
    and password.
    thats mean if another person want logon by UserA, domain stop it, and dont
    let it to logon.

    --
    Best Regards

    Tark M. Siala
    Development Manager
    INTERNATIONAL COMPUTER CENTER (ICC.Networking)
    Mobile: +218-91-3125900
    E-Mail:
    Messenger:
    Web Page: http://www.icc-libya.com
    Blog: http://spaces.msn.com/tarksiala
    ======================================

    Tark Siala, Apr 21, 2006

  2. Tark Siala

    S. Pidgorny Guest

    There are some utilities, for example - LimitLogin -
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/technetmag/issues/2005/05/UtilitySpotlight/default.aspx

    Another approach is to use a logon script that tries to connect to a network
    share that alows a limited number of connections, and kick the user out if
    connection to the share is already present. Scripting required.

    --
    Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MS MVP - Security, MCSE
    -= F1 is the key =-

    S. Pidgorny, Apr 23, 2006

  3. Aside from what Svyatoslav has already pointed out,
    you could consider the advantages gained by giving an
    account to a person. That is, if each person only had
    their account, then you would no have multiple people
    logging in with the same accounts, and as side effect
    when you see in the logs UserA you know who it was.

    Roger Abell [MVP], Apr 25, 2006
  4. Tark Siala

    Tark Siala Guest

    hi
    yes i know.
    but some time i have public account for 2 or more users.
    like (Backup Account) or (Maintance Account)
    and have 2 users to working with this account.

    and some time (Bad Time) users share Accounts, to do something.

    --
    Tarek M. Siala

    Tark Siala, Apr 25, 2006
  5. Tark Siala

    Herb Martin Guest

    "Tark Siala" <> wrote in message
    > hi
    > yes i know.
    > but some time i have public account for 2 or more users.
    > like (Backup Account) or (Maintance Account)
    > and have 2 users to working with this account.
    >
    > and some time (Bad Time) users share Accounts, to do something.

    It's better to have ONE GROUP for such privilages and
    add the users (either their normal account OR a task
    specific account) to the GROUP.

    Shared accounts are ALMOST always a bad practice.

    But this doesn't likely solve you problem as I get the
    impression that you don't want UserAlice doing
    backups while UserBob is also trying to do that same
    task....

    --
    Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
    Accelerated MCSE