how HSRP redundancy can be applied to crypto IPSec profile ?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by He Ming, Jul 13, 2004.

  1. He Ming

    He Ming Guest

    Hi all, I am setting up a VPN tunnel between hub and spoke routers.
    In the hub, I use an active router and a standby router to achieve
    redundancy. From cisco website, HSRP + RRI has been provided in this
    scenario, where HSRP is configured on WAN interface. the configuation is
    as follows:

    *******
    crypto map mymap 1 ipsec-isakmp
    set peer 10.1.1.1
    reverse-route
    set transform-set esp-3des-sha
    match address 102

    Interface FastEthernet 0/0
    ip address 192.168.0.2 255.255.255.0
    standby name group1
    standby ip 192.168.0.3
    crypto map mymap redundancy group1
    ***********

    but my problem here is, I am using crypto IPsec profile instead of static
    map on the hub.consequently there is no map name, so i can 't use the
    command
    "crypto map mymap redundancy group1" on wan interface.
    my configuration for the crypto ipsec profile is like that:

    *********
    crypto isakmp policy 1
    authentication pre-share
    crypto isakmp key dmvpnkey address 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0
    !
    !
    crypto ipsec transform-set dmvpnset ah-md5-hmac esp-des
    mode transport
    !
    crypto ipsec profile dmvpnprof
    set transform-set dmvpnset

    Because of the requirement, I cant replace the dynamic profile with static
    map in hub.
    SO i am now looking for a way to implement HSRP resundancy for IPsec
    profile. Can anyone
    give any solution or some hints? Millions of Thanks!

    Rgds
    He Ming

    He Ming, Jul 13, 2004