    more, or less? Just trying to figure out if I should just go ahead and book
    it for next weekend, or put it off a bit to review my info, or what? Let me
    know, thanks!
    Chris, Mar 13, 2006

  2. Chris

    Lasher Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?= <> wrote in
    news::

    > I just took my first MCP exam (70-271) on Saturday, and passed it with
    > a 789. I didn't use any study guides or anything for it, just went in
    > with the general knowledge that I've accumulated over 15 years of
    > fiddling with computers, plus some college courses 5 years ago. I
    > figure this was the best way to really see how much I know... 'cuz
    > there's no "brain dumps" to answer every question my boss will ask me
    > in the real world. ;-)
    >
    > Now I'm looking at taking the second test (272), but seen a lot of
    > people talking about all the special courses and books and stuff
    > they've used to pass it... so question to those of you that have
    > finished it, how hard is it really? Compared to the first one, is it
    > similar level of knowledge required, more, or less? Just trying to
    > figure out if I should just go ahead and book it for next weekend, or
    > put it off a bit to review my info, or what? Let me know, thanks!

    I would say that 272 was easier. There was a similar level of knowledge
    required, but I didn't feel as if the questions were harder than 271. If
    you feel comfortable enough with XP to schedule it, go ahead. Just make
    sure you brush up on the sections that you feel like you might be weak in.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP 110010
    Lasher, Mar 13, 2006