    http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/cda/parts/image_for_link/24005-1651-29-1.html
    The 18-55 just does not cut it here, or what do you think?

    /per
    per, Jun 25, 2005

  2. per

    birdman Guest

    This lens is not yet available so there is no real experience with it.
    The Canon kit lens is usually used to demonstrate how to correct chromatic
    aberration using various raw converters/plug-ins. Presumably there is a
    reason for this.
    birdman, Jun 26, 2005

  3. per

    Darrell Guest

    "birdman" <> wrote in message

    > This lens is not yet available so there is no real experience with it.
    > The Canon kit lens is usually used to demonstrate how to correct chromatic
    > aberration using various raw converters/plug-ins. Presumably there is a
    > reason for this.

    I have 8 of them in the store in the D60 kits. So they are available.
    Darrell, Jun 26, 2005
  4. per

    TAFKAB Guest

    "Darrell" <> wrote in message

    > "birdman" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> This lens is not yet available so there is no real experience with it.
    >> The Canon kit lens is usually used to demonstrate how to correct
    >> chromatic aberration using various raw converters/plug-ins. Presumably
    >> there is a reason for this.

    > I have 8 of them in the store in the D60 kits. So they are available.

    Nikon D60s? No such animal. Do you mean the Canon D60? If so, it's
    irrelevant, since the original poster was asking about the Nikon 18-55 lens,
    not the Canon.

    TAFKAB, Jun 26, 2005
  5. per

    Kevin Guest

    TAFKAB <> wrote:
    > Nikon D60s? No such animal. Do you mean the Canon D60? If so, it's
    > irrelevant, since the original poster was asking about the Nikon 18-55 lens,
    > not the Canon.

    He meant D50, I was in his store the other day checking the D50's out.

    I'm torn between buying the D50 kit, the D50 body with the 18-70 lens, or
    the D70s kit.
    Kevin, Jun 26, 2005
  6. per

    wilt Guest

    The 18-55 lens is an inexpensive lens in the $100-150 price range
    (street price) in addition to the body. The 17-85mm lens is a much
    more expensive lens in the $575-600 street price. That should give you
    an idea of the relative performance of the lenses in question! Do a
    Google search on the Canon 18-55mm lens, and you will get replies about
    the softness of the 18-55.

    --Wilt
    wilt, Jun 26, 2005
  7. per

    TAFKAB Guest

    "wilt" <> wrote in message
    > The 18-55 lens is an inexpensive lens in the $100-150 price range
    > (street price) in addition to the body. The 17-85mm lens is a much
    > more expensive lens in the $575-600 street price. That should give you
    > an idea of the relative performance of the lenses in question! Do a
    > Google search on the Canon 18-55mm lens, and you will get replies about
    > the softness of the 18-55.

    Except he's looking at Nikons, not Canons...

    TAFKAB, Jun 26, 2005