How good is RAW image from your digital camera

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by adminforto, Feb 17, 2007.

  1. adminforto

    adminforto Guest

    I far as I know the RAW image represents pixels arranged in form of square
    matrix,
    but the CCD's RGB components are not arranged the same way.
    So logically the RAW image is false.
    Also manufactures specify the CCD's resolution in MPixels by
    adding RGB components which means that actual resolution is 3 times less!
    in addition the camera image processors falsifies images even feather to
    increase resolution
    of the luminance component ( B/W) by treating RGB as monochromatic
    components.

    Concluding, the only true RAW format can only come from B/W CCD that has
    its elements arranged in square matrix
    or from scanning analog images using monochromatic line scanners.

    Get into 3D stereoscopic imaging the easy way:

    http://tyrell-innovations-usa.com/shack3d/index.php
    adminforto, Feb 17, 2007

  2. adminforto

    Chuck Guest

    A "RAW" image is what the camera mfr decides it is. No other rules apply.
    The quality is dependent upon the original image data, AND whatever
    conversion software is used.
    The data from the CCD or other sensor is always processed to some level
    before it is accessable.

    Chuck, Feb 17, 2007