    warranty is not awful. I'm not considering buying this one, but it does
    make me think: What kind of machine is this likely to be?

    jm
    JM, Jan 8, 2006

  2. JM

    Chet Guest

    1. Only 128 MB RAM. Plan on expanding to at least 512 for smooth operation
    of XP.
    2. Only 40 GB HD. Enough for most purposes but most machines come with 80
    or more. Plan on expanding if you expect to store any videos or such.
    3. Power supply is only 250 watts. Might want to upgrade if you expect to
    install much in the way of expansions.
    4. No software included except the OS and, presumably, "free" intros to AOL,
    MSN and other expensive services.
    5. Price does not include a monitor of any kind.

    Chet, Jan 8, 2006