    If it was posted as A+ instead of "A plus," how do you find it in search
    results?
    "A+" doesn't seem to work.

    Max, Sep 22, 2003

  2. Max

    CertCities Guest

    "Max" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > If it was posted as A+ instead of "A plus," how do you find it in search
    > results?
    > "A+" doesn't seem to work.

    Hi Max,

    Welcome to my world :) I've actually struggled with that for quite a
    while in covering the program. Depending on the search engine,
    sometimes quote marks around the plus will work, sometimes they won't.
    Depends on how the search program interprets quotes, and how Boolean
    they are in nature (the less boolean the search engine, better chances
    you have of having the + sign register).

    The other way to search -- depending on what you're looking for -- is
    to combine other terms like CompTIA, Hardware, certification and/or
    the exam numbers.

    Between these two methods you can usually get most of what's out
    there, but it's by no means as comprehensive as one would like.

    Hope that helps some,

    -- Becky

    Becky Nagel, Editor
    CertCities.com
    http://certcities.com

    CertCities, Sep 23, 2003

  3. Max

    Max Guest

    Another problem is with Google Groups, wildcards don't seem to work. They
    used to work with Deja News.
    Is there a trick to make wildc* searches work with Google Groups?

    Max, Sep 23, 2003