    My ISP has informed me that they are going to be uping my speed in the next
    ' 3 to 5 days'..i wanna know if they have...

    thanks in advance!
    the_niner_nation, Oct 16, 2004

  2. the_niner_nation

    Unk Guest

    Unk, Oct 16, 2004

  3. the_niner_nation

    Yddap Guest

    In news:ckruo6$so1$,
    the_niner_nation <> opined:
    > Is there anyway of checking on windows xp to see how fast your
    > internet connection is?
    > My ISP has informed me that they are going to be uping my speed in
    > the next ' 3 to 5 days'..i wanna know if they have...
    >
    > thanks in advance!

    http://www.broadbandspeedtest.net/
    Set it up for your connection and go
    --

    Yddap
    Remove guts to reply
    Yddap, Oct 16, 2004
  4. the_niner_nation

    Dodo Guest

    When downloading a file, Windows displays the download speed in kilobytes
    per second. This value can be converted into other units as follows:

    b=bits
    B=bytes
    k=1000
    M=1000000

    b=B*8
    M=k/1000

    367kBps=2936kbps=2.936Mbps
    Dodo, Oct 16, 2004
  5. the_niner_nation

    PuppyKatt Guest

    PuppyKatt, Oct 16, 2004
  6. Yddap wrote:

    > http://www.broadbandspeedtest.net/
    > Set it up for your connection and go

    Damn, I thought it was going to be a pretty good test. 1st time all the
    ping times were quite good, but the download speed test had a server
    error and the upload speed test isn't activated until the software is
    registered, so no speed readouts. 2nd time I tested at 171Kb download,
    not nearly what I get from other test sites.

    I kinda like the one here:
    http://www.giganews.com/comps/test_connect.mhtml
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Oct 17, 2004
  7. the_niner_nation

    Flying Rat Guest

    In article <ckruo6$so1$>,
    says...
    > Is there anyway of checking on windows xp to see how fast your internet
    > connection is?
    > My ISP has informed me that they are going to be uping my speed in the next
    > ' 3 to 5 days'..i wanna know if they have...
    >
    > thanks in advance!

    www.dslzoneuk.net has a pretty accurate speed tester if you are in the
    UK (which you appear to be). Doesn't require any signing up or owt.

    FR

    me here at www.flyingrat.net
    for all things ADSL in the UK www.dslzoneuk.net
    Flying Rat, Oct 17, 2004
  8. the_niner_nation

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "the_niner_nation" <> wrote in message
    > Is there anyway of checking on windows xp to see how fast your internet
    > connection is?
    > My ISP has informed me that they are going to be uping my speed in the
    > next
    > ' 3 to 5 days'..i wanna know if they have...
    >
    > thanks in advance!

    all the web based speed test are not accurate
    you can use DUmeter to monitor your actual bandwidth http://www.dumeter.com/
    i use etherpeek and solar winds for doing individual protocal speed tests.

    -a|ex
    127.0.0.1, Oct 17, 2004
  9. the_niner_nation

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "Dodo" <> wrote in message
    > When downloading a file, Windows displays the download speed in kilobytes
    > per second. This value can be converted into other units as follows:
    >
    > b=bits
    > B=bytes
    > k=1000
    > M=1000000
    >
    > b=B*8
    > M=k/1000
    >
    > 367kBps=2936kbps=2.936Mbps

    there are also overhead packets for error checking that makes the datastream
    inconsistant.
    the download stream will fluctuate from 10bits to 10Bytes giving a not so
    precise of an average value.

    -a|ex
    127.0.0.1, Oct 17, 2004
  10. the_niner_nation

    nolie

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2011
    Messages:
    3
    Yes you can check the speed,You can check the speed only using the Online speed test sites.,You can check at here Scanmyspeed.com
    I am using 2mbps Broadband Connection... My Uploading speed is 0.181 Mbps and Downloading speed is 3.587Mbps,
    nolie, Sep 17, 2011