How expensive is this?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by GreenXenon, Dec 1, 2010.

  1. GreenXenon

    GreenXenon Guest

    Hi:

    My secure dream netbook has following characteristics:

    1. All IDs -- such as the MAC addresses [including that of the
    wireless adapter] -- are totally dynamic. When the netbook is offed,
    these IDs disappear without leaving a trace. When the netbook is
    switched on, new IDs are generated. In addition, this netbook uses the
    least amount of IDs and timestamps required to operate itself and
    access the internet.

    2. The only ROM is mask-programmed ROM

    3. The only RAM is a hypothetical form of volatile RAM chips in which
    all info is completely lost in 100th-of-a-second-or-less after the
    netbook is turned-off. Even theoretically there is no way to recover
    this data unless one completely re-powers before 100th-of-a-second
    after power-off.

    4. The OS is installed on ROM chips

    5. Chips of the hypothetical RAM listed in #3 substitute for the HDD

    6. The radio transmission [used for the wireless internet access] is
    unidirectional and can beam the radio signal toward the wi-fi access
    point without transmitting in any other direction. This maximum
    strength of this transmission is the maximum allowed by law.

    7. The clock skew of my system varies such that clock-skew-
    fingerprinting would be a totally-useless technique to those trying to
    identify my computer.

    8. All parts of the netbook -- excluding the radio transmitter,
    receiver, and antennas -- are tempest-shielded.

    9. There is no malware [e.g. rootkits] installed in any of the ROM
    chips.

    10. These wireless internet access is enhanced using ADF so that it is
    easier to locate access points and receive clearer signals from them.

    11. The 802.11 nickname is dynamic so that my level of anonymity
    increases

    Quote from http://billstclair.com/matrix/ar01s03.html :

    "The 802.11 Nickname field is a little-known feature of the wireless
    spec that sends your hostname to the AP. This is obviously bad."

    12. The radio reception is the most sensitive that is physically-
    possible for a given size of a receiver, it's antenna, and other
    relevant devices.

    13. There is absolutely no hint of:
    A. ActiveX
    B. Internet Explorer
    C. Java
    D. JavaScript
    E. Audio software/hardware
    F. Software/hardware for images, animation, or movies
    G. Webcam capability
    H. Flash
    J. Shockwave
    I. HTML
    K. DHTML
    L. Any type of scripting/scripts
    M. Any type of mark-up/modeling language.

    IOW, this netbook is for word processing only and for
    telecommunicating -- through text only -- via the internet. The only
    media in this netbook is text. The word processor is similar to Office
    XP, except it is word-only.

    14. Automatically latches onto wireless internet access points that
    are encryption-free while completely-ignoring the APs that use
    encryption. This is for the sake of convenience and anonymity.

    15. The browser [which is built into a ROM chip] is text-only and
    designed to allow me to communicate to the rest of the cyberworld via
    chat rooms that are fully-compatible with the list A to M on #13

    Let's say I want to build this hypothetical netbook from the bottom up
    -- including designing and constructing the chips and their
    transistors. How much will it cost me?

    What would be the most cost-efficient manner for me to make this
    netbook?

    Thanks,

    Green Xenon
    GreenXenon, Dec 1, 2010

  2. GreenXenon

    Peter Foldes Guest

    Dreaming or ignorant. That is the question

    --
    Peter
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    Peter Foldes, Dec 1, 2010

  3. GreenXenon

    GreenXenon Guest

    On Dec 1, 2:46 pm, "Peter Foldes" <> wrote:

    > Dreaming or ignorant. That is the question

    It definitely is a netbook that I dream of. How am I being ignorant?
    GreenXenon, Dec 1, 2010
  4. GreenXenon

    Peter Foldes Guest

    Good to dream. You are not realistic with your needs as posted

    Peter Foldes, Dec 2, 2010
  5. GreenXenon

    richard Guest

    On Wed, 1 Dec 2010 15:43:40 -0800 (PST), GreenXenon wrote:

    > On Dec 1, 2:46 pm, "Peter Foldes" <> wrote:
    >

    >> Dreaming or ignorant. That is the question

    > It definitely is a netbook that I dream of. How am I being ignorant?

    he's saying HE is too ignorant to answer your question.
    richard, Dec 2, 2010
  6. GreenXenon

    GreenXenon Guest

    On Dec 1, 6:27 pm, "Peter Foldes" <> wrote:

    > You are not realistic with your needs as posted

    How are my needs unrealistic?
    GreenXenon, Dec 2, 2010
  7. "GreenXenon" <> wrote in message
> [...]
    >
    > IOW, this netbook is for word processing only and for
    > telecommunicating -- through text only -- via the internet. The only
    > media in this netbook is text. The word processor is similar to Office
    > XP, except it is word-only.
    >
    > 14. Automatically latches onto wireless internet access points that
    > are encryption-free while completely-ignoring the APs that use
    > encryption. This is for the sake of convenience and anonymity.
    >
    > 15. The browser [which is built into a ROM chip] is text-only and
    > designed to allow me to communicate to the rest of the cyberworld via
    > chat rooms that are fully-compatible with the list A to M on #13
    >
    > Let's say I want to build this hypothetical netbook from the bottom up
    > -- including designing and constructing the chips and their
    > transistors. How much will it cost me?
    >
    > What would be the most cost-efficient manner for me to make this

    How about a Sinclair ZX Spectrum. maybe you can beef it up a little ..
    Zu Arsschlaark!, Dec 2, 2010
  8. "Peter Foldes" <> wrote in message news:id6j8n$a6p$...
    Dreaming or ignorant. That is the question

    both!
    Zu Arsschlaark!, Dec 2, 2010
  9. GreenXenon

    philo Guest

    Dreaming or ignorant. That is the question

    He's a know troll best to ignore him
    philo, Dec 2, 2010
  10. GreenXenon

    G. Morgan Guest

    GreenXenon <> wrote:

    >15. The browser [which is built into a ROM chip] is text-only and
    >designed to allow me to communicate to the rest of the cyberworld via
    >chat rooms that are fully-compatible with the list A to M on #13

    That is incompatible with your rule 13 article I. Your still gonna use HTML,
    even in a text-only browser.

    >Let's say I want to build this hypothetical netbook from the bottom up
    >-- including designing and constructing the chips and their
    >transistors.

    Designing a whole net book from the ground-up is impossible for one person do
    alone.

    Designing and constructing chips? Are you that skilled, or just dreaming? Why
    would you not use pre-existing IC's?

    I would say once you hire a R&D team, get a facility that is big enough and
    stocked with clean rooms and robots, try and catch up with the "big boys" in
    terms of technology, and find a way to finance it all (including hiring
    heavy-hitters for the management team).....

    >How much will it cost me?

    About 3-5 Billion USD to start, plus years in research (AMD's market cap. is
    5BB). Since you'll lose money for a number of years, you'll need an Angel
    Investor to keep the operation going (good luck).

    >What would be the most cost-efficient manner for me to make this
    >netbook?

    Just buy a net book you dumb shit and install DOS 2.2.

    --
    You'll be Ok, Enjoy. Life is nothing more than a bunch of mini
    vacations all rolled into one. - Old Gringo
    G. Morgan, Dec 3, 2010
  11. GreenXenon

    Peter Foldes Guest

    "~BD~" <~BD~@nomail.afraid.com> wrote in message news:...
    > philo wrote:
    >> "Peter Foldes"<> wrote in message
    >> Dreaming or ignorant. That is the question
    >>
    >> He's a known troll best to ignore him
    >>

    > IAWTP :)

    Stuck in stupid again as I see. Philo was remarking about the OP GreeneXeon. You keep putting both your feet into your mouth continuously. Trolling even without knowing it

    Peter Foldes, Dec 4, 2010