    Does Windows 7 Home 32 run 16-bit like Vista Home?.

    It appears all the manufacturers are selling machines with Windows 7
    64-bit. Is anyone selling 32-bit?

    Frank, Nov 2, 2009

  2. Re: How easy is it to set up Windows 7 Pro & Ultimate for virtualization (16-bit)?

    You have to download and install Windows Virtual PC for Windows 7
    Professional, Ultimate and Enterprise. It is not available for lower
    versions of Windows 7.

    Go here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/

    32 bit computers are a dying breed, and it's about time. 64 bit computing
    has been available for about 6-8 years now. The manufacturing companies are
    finally seeing the light.

    I am running a 16 bit Windows 3.1 program under Windows XP Mode without any
    problems. This is on a 64 bit based computer and operating system. Windows
    XP Mode is a 32 bit version of Windows XP.

    --

    Richard Urban
    Microsoft MVP

    Richard Urban, Nov 2, 2009

  3. Frank wrote:
    Is the XP Mode VM already installed?
    No.

    Is it easy to use?
    Yes.

    Does Windows 7 Home 32 run 16-bit like Vista Home?.
    Yes.

    It appears all the manufacturers are selling machines with Windows 7
    64-bit. Is anyone selling 32-bit?
    Yes, you can buy systems with Win 7 32-bit. Check the vendors.

    Bobby Johnson, Nov 2, 2009
  4. Frank

    Frank Guest

    Re: How easy is it to set up Windows 7 Pro & Ultimate forvirtualization (16-bit)?

    On Nov 2, 1:30 pm, Bobby Johnson <>
    wrote:
    > Frank wrote:
    >
    > Is the XP Mode VM already installed?
    > No.
    >
    > Is it easy to use?
    > Yes.
    >
    > Does Windows 7 Home 32 run 16-bit like Vista Home?.
    > Yes.
    >
    > It appears all the manufacturers are selling machines with Windows 7
    > 64-bit. Is anyone selling 32-bit?
    > Yes, you can buy systems with Win 7 32-bit.  Check the vendors.

    Thank you Bobby and also thank you Richard..

    Frank, Nov 2, 2009
  5. Frank

    Bill Guest

    "Richard Urban" <> wrote in message
    > You have to download and install Windows Virtual PC for Windows 7
    > Professional, Ultimate and Enterprise. It is not available for lower
    > versions of Windows 7.
    >
    > Go here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/
    >
    > 32 bit computers are a dying breed, and it's about time. 64 bit computing
    > has been available for about 6-8 years now. The manufacturing companies
    > are finally seeing the light.

    I think it's the software development companies you have to convince.
    Enthusiastic, I bought a 64-bit processor 3 years ago, but I'm still running
    XP.
    Where are the 64 bit apps?

    Bill

    Bill, Nov 2, 2009
  6. There are some already out and you will see more in the near future.
    The next version of MS Office is supposed to have a 64-bit version.

    If you're a photo buff the Panorama Factory has 64-bit software @
    http://www.panoramafactory.com/index.html

    Sunbelt Software says they will have 64-bit versions of their Vipre and
    Sunbelt Firewall out in the Spring.

    64-bit Firefox and Thunderbird are available.

    There's more but I can't name them all right now.

    Bobby Johnson, Nov 2, 2009
  7. Frank

    Bill Guest

    "Bobby Johnson" <> wrote in message
    > There are some already out and you will see more in the near future. The
    > next version of MS Office is supposed to have a 64-bit version.
    >
    > If you're a photo buff the Panorama Factory has 64-bit software @
    > http://www.panoramafactory.com/index.html
    >
    > Sunbelt Software says they will have 64-bit versions of their Vipre and
    > Sunbelt Firewall out in the Spring.
    >
    > 64-bit Firefox and Thunderbird are available.
    >
    > There's more but I can't name them all right now.

    There may be more, but they have been slow in coming... Parallel processing
    even slower. ; )

    Bill

    Bill, Nov 3, 2009
  8. Rome wasn't built in a day, either.

    Bobby Johnson, Nov 3, 2009
  9. Re: How easy is it to set up Windows 7 Pro & Ultimate for virtualization (16-bit)?

    > Rome wasn't built in a day, either.
    >
    > Bill wrote:
    >> "Bobby Johnson" <> wrote in message
    >>> There are some already out and you will see more in the near future. The
    >>> next version of MS Office is supposed to have a 64-bit version.
    >>>
    >>> If you're a photo buff the Panorama Factory has 64-bit software @
    >>> http://www.panoramafactory.com/index.html
    >>>
    >>> Sunbelt Software says they will have 64-bit versions of their Vipre and
    >>> Sunbelt Firewall out in the Spring.
    >>>
    >>> 64-bit Firefox and Thunderbird are available.
    >>>
    >>> There's more but I can't name them all right now.
    >>>

    >> There may be more, but they have been slow in coming... Parallel
    >> processing even slower. ; )
    >>
    >> Bill

    Even though there are few now, some folks are still trying to hang on to
    their 16-Bit programs.

    Charles W Davis, Nov 8, 2009
  10. Re: How easy is it to set up Windows 7 Pro & Ultimate for virtualization (16-bit)?

    On Sun, 8 Nov 2009 08:01:26 -0800, "Charles W Davis" <>
    wrote:

    >Even though there are few now, some folks are still trying to hang on to
    >their 16-Bit programs.

    I am one of those. I happen to have two old financial programs with data that
    sometimes has to be accessed, even now. And it is simpler to keep a 16-bit OS
    than to try to port all the data into Excel or some DB.
    --ron

    Ron Rosenfeld, Nov 8, 2009