    difference between the two.
    Will greately appreciate if someone could unravel that for me.
    Nathan

    Nathan Gutman, Jan 18, 2006

  2. Nathan Gutman

    Brian Guest

    Nathan Gutman wrote:
    > I have installed the applet but am not sure what it can really do.
    > Does it mean that not ICC aware software such as ADCsee will display
    > color correctly based on the embeded ICC profile i.e. WinXP itself
    > will recognize and use the embedded profile?
    >
    > The doc's tell me that I can easily switch between profiles when, for
    > example, I use a projector to display images i.e. it would use the
    > projector's profile instead of the laptop's LCD profile.
    > But can't I do this as easily by going to
    > DisplayProperties>Settings>Advanced>Color Management or is there a
    > difference between the two.
    > Will greately appreciate if someone could unravel that for me.
    > Nathan

    Hi Nathan,

    I have found that if go the display properties method and select a
    different profile for my monitor, nothing visually changes. Maybe it
    would if I rebooted?

    Using the new Color Applet, if I change profiles in there, my monitor
    colours change immediately as soon as I apply the change. It is really a
    one stop place to quickly assign/switch profiles for all of your devices
    from the one dialog. You would otherwise have to visit each device
    separately (for example: go to printers & faxes, then into the
    properties of each printer to set their profiles, then to display
    properties for the monitor, etc.).

    Regards,
    Brian.

    Brian, Jan 19, 2006

  3. Nathan Gutman

    Tesco News Guest

    "Brian" <cooloox_at_optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > Nathan Gutman wrote:
    >> I have installed the applet but am not sure what it can really do.
    >> Does it mean that not ICC aware software such as ADCsee will display
    >> color correctly based on the embeded ICC profile i.e. WinXP itself
    >> will recognize and use the embedded profile?
    >>
    >> The doc's tell me that I can easily switch between profiles when, for
    >> example, I use a projector to display images i.e. it would use the
    >> projector's profile instead of the laptop's LCD profile.
    >> But can't I do this as easily by going to
    >> DisplayProperties>Settings>Advanced>Color Management or is there a
    >> difference between the two.
    >> Will greately appreciate if someone could unravel that for me.
    >> Nathan

    > Hi Nathan,
    >
    > I have found that if go the display properties method and select a
    > different profile for my monitor, nothing visually changes. Maybe it would
    > if I rebooted?
    >
    > Using the new Color Applet, if I change profiles in there, my monitor
    > colours change immediately as soon as I apply the change. It is really a
    > one stop place to quickly assign/switch profiles for all of your devices
    > from the one dialog. You would otherwise have to visit each device
    > separately (for example: go to printers & faxes, then into the properties
    > of each printer to set their profiles, then to display properties for the
    > monitor, etc.).
    >
    > Regards,
    > Brian.

    Hi there.

    So what would happen if you set your Printer to use its Profile for Matt
    paper, and next day forgot you had done so, and told Photoshop to Print
    using the Profile for your Printer with Premium Glossy Paper.

    Which one would be used, or would Photoshop use Prem
    Glossy to make corrections, and Windows would then apply the Matt
    corrections to that corrected data.

    I said Photoshop, but the question would be equally relevant for any Colour
    Managed Application.

    Roy G

    Tesco News, Jan 19, 2006
  4. One thing came to mind... I think that for something to take effect
    immediately you need to click the "Apply" first then the "OK" button.
    If you just click the "OK" button it will change on the next boot not
    immediately. Give it a try and let us know.

    Nathan Gutman, Jan 19, 2006