    So how come the discrepancy? Does anyone know how they actually
    compute the score?

    Thanks.
    Joey Lemor, Jan 23, 2004

  2. Joey Lemor

    jack Guest

    "Joey Lemor" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi to all,
    >
    > I have passed A+ hardware last December 19 and A+ 0S last January 15.
    > I am disappointed with my OS score: 608. I might have missed 13 out
    > of the 80 questions at the most (I counted the questions that I am not
    > sure of), so that would mean I have gotten 84% of the exam correct.
    > So how come the discrepancy? Does anyone know how they actually
    > compute the score?
    >
    > Thanks.

    are you saying that you did not answer 13 questions? - or do you think that
    you had only 13 questions wrong? - I haven't taken my exams yet, and would
    love to hear from others who have passed, their scores and how they think
    they did - it would be helpful

    James
    jack, Jan 23, 2004

  3. Joey Lemor

    Ripper T Guest

    (Joey Lemor) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi to all,
    >
    > I have passed A+ hardware last December 19 and A+ 0S last January 15.
    > I am disappointed with my OS score: 608. I might have missed 13 out
    > of the 80 questions at the most (I counted the questions that I am not
    > sure of), so that would mean I have gotten 84% of the exam correct.
    > So how come the discrepancy? Does anyone know how they actually
    > compute the score?
    >
    > Thanks.

    I have read that the exam is adaptive; the questions change based on
    how you answer the questions previous. Each is weighted differently
    and some, I hear, are practice questions and are not scored at all.
    When I took the software exam, it told me at the start I needed 505
    points to pass. I got a 498. The printout they give you afterward only
    shows the "areas" in which you struggled so you can study up.

    Rip
    Ripper T, Jan 25, 2004
  4. Joey Lemor

    jack Guest

    > > Hi to all,
    > >
    > > I have passed A+ hardware last December 19 and A+ 0S last January 15.
    > > I am disappointed with my OS score: 608. I might have missed 13 out
    > > of the 80 questions at the most (I counted the questions that I am not
    > > sure of), so that would mean I have gotten 84% of the exam correct.
    > > So how come the discrepancy? Does anyone know how they actually
    > > compute the score?
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    > I have read that the exam is adaptive; the questions change based on
    > how you answer the questions previous. Each is weighted differently
    > and some, I hear, are practice questions and are not scored at all.
    > When I took the software exam, it told me at the start I needed 505
    > points to pass. I got a 498. The printout they give you afterward only
    > shows the "areas" in which you struggled so you can study up.
    >
    > Rip

    and how did you feel you did - did you struggle? -Did you struggle before
    hand with the practice tests that you may have done?
    jack, Jan 25, 2004
  5. Joey Lemor

    Ripper T Guest

    "jack" <> wrote in message news:<bv08qq$g0u$>...
    > "Ripper T" <> wrote in message
    > > (Joey Lemor) wrote in message

    > > > Hi to all,
    > > >
    > > > I have passed A+ hardware last December 19 and A+ 0S last January 15.
    > > > I am disappointed with my OS score: 608. I might have missed 13 out
    > > > of the 80 questions at the most (I counted the questions that I am not
    > > > sure of), so that would mean I have gotten 84% of the exam correct.
    > > > So how come the discrepancy? Does anyone know how they actually
    > > > compute the score?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks.

    > > I have read that the exam is adaptive; the questions change based on
    > > how you answer the questions previous. Each is weighted differently
    > > and some, I hear, are practice questions and are not scored at all.
    > > When I took the software exam, it told me at the start I needed 505
    > > points to pass. I got a 498. The printout they give you afterward only
    > > shows the "areas" in which you struggled so you can study up.
    > >
    > > Rip

    > and how did you feel you did - did you struggle? -Did you struggle before
    > hand with the practice tests that you may have done?

    Once I got into it, I thought it was easy. Easier than I expected.
    Going in, I was sure I would not pass, but by the time I finished, I
    thought, "I might actually have a chance here". When I saw the 498, I
    was bummed that I missed it by so little, but I knew I could pass on
    the next try (I will take it again after I get the Netware 5.1 exam
    out of the way). I used the practice tests to study up and they work
    well for that.

    Rip
    Ripper T, Jan 25, 2004
  6. Joey Lemor

    Karkucus Guest

    Looking toward A+ 2003 Certification , Here is greate Link
    for Excellent A+ 2003 Certification Guide,

    http://www.studyexam4less.com/mb.asp
    Also here is another Money saving idea for A+ Testing exam fee. buy voucher
    and Scheduale the exam using A+ voucher for Only US $92.00 saving of
    US $ 63
    http://www.getcertify4less.com/mb.asp

    Karkucus, Jan 27, 2004