    engine. Tried looking for this info on net but just kept coming up with
    annoying spammers wanting to charge you to have your website ranked highly,
    I just want it listed, don't care about ranking.

    damn, Feb 9, 2004

    http://www.google.com/addurl.html

    Joseph Christianson, Feb 9, 2004

  3. damn

    Max Guest

    On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 15:16:56 +1300, "damn" <damn@damned> wrote:

    >I have created a personal website but it does not show up in a google
    >search, do you have to do anything for your webpage to be found by a search
    >engine. Tried looking for this info on net but just kept coming up with
    >annoying spammers wanting to charge you to have your website ranked highly,
    >I just want it listed, don't care about ranking.

    They can take up to 3 months to appear in google

    Max, Feb 9, 2004
  4. On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 15:16:56 +1300, "damn" <damn@damned> wrote:

    >I have created a personal website but it does not show up in a google
    >search, do you have to do anything for your webpage to be found by a search
    >engine. Tried looking for this info on net but just kept coming up with
    >annoying spammers wanting to charge you to have your website ranked highly,
    >I just want it listed, don't care about ranking.

    If you want to get your website highly ranked for free, check out the
    series I wrote at: http://aardvark.co.nz/marketing/

    Bruce Simpson, Feb 9, 2004
  5. damn

    damn Guest

    "Joseph Christianson" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 15:16:56 +1300, damn wrote:
    >
    > > I have created a personal website but it does not show up in a google
    > > search, do you have to do anything for your webpage to be found by a

    search
    > > engine. Tried looking for this info on net but just kept coming up with
    > > annoying spammers wanting to charge you to have your website ranked

    highly,
    > > I just want it listed, don't care about ranking.

    > http://www.google.com/addurl.html

    Thanks a lot, that is what I was after, I had a good look around google to
    find something like this but couldn't.

    damn, Feb 9, 2004
  6. damn

    Allistar Guest

    damn wrote:

    > "Joseph Christianson" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 15:16:56 +1300, damn wrote:
    >>
    >> > I have created a personal website but it does not show up in a google
    >> > search, do you have to do anything for your webpage to be found by a

    > search
    >> > engine. Tried looking for this info on net but just kept coming up with
    >> > annoying spammers wanting to charge you to have your website ranked

    > highly,
    >> > I just want it listed, don't care about ranking.

    >> http://www.google.com/addurl.html

    > Thanks a lot, that is what I was after, I had a good look around google to
    > find something like this but couldn't.

    From what I know (which may be wrong) your site MUST be linked to from
    another site to be listed in google.

    Allistar.

    Allistar, Feb 9, 2004
  7. damn

    steve Guest

    damn wrote:

    > I have created a personal website but it does not show up in a google
    > search, do you have to do anything for your webpage to be found by a
    > search engine. Tried looking for this info on net but just kept coming up
    > with annoying spammers wanting to charge you to have your website ranked
    > highly, I just want it listed, don't care about ranking.

    Nominate your web site to various search engines. It may take them a few
    weeks, but you will end up listed in the search....somewhere.

    steve, Feb 9, 2004