    duplicate notebooks ordered at the same time with the same configuration, but
    only this one has bluetooth issues.

    Thank you in advance

    CatChase, May 15, 2008

  2. CatChase

    Pavel A. Guest

    "CatChase" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My Dell 600m is equipped with a bluetooth module. HOWEVER, I cannot
    > locate
    > any bluetooth icons in the control panel or device manager. Any attempt
    > download the drivers results in a cancellation of the installation due to
    > not
    > being able to "turn on" the bluetooth device using fn+F2. Pressing fn+F2
    > operates the wireless G network card.
    >
    > What do I have to do to activate the bluetooth device? This is one of
    > three
    > duplicate notebooks ordered at the same time with the same configuration,
    > but
    > only this one has bluetooth issues.

    So this one is defective. Call your vendor and request a replacement.

    Good luck,
    --PA

    Pavel A., May 15, 2008

  3. CatChase

    CatChase Guest

    Except that it is out of warranty.

    I just wanted to know how to do the "install bluetooth stack" that I did on
    my Toshiba ages ago. I was thinking that was why the bluetooth icon was not
    present.

    I suppose I could open it up and check its innards to see if a wire is not
    attached somewhere.

    Thanks.

    CatChase, May 15, 2008
  4. CatChase

    Pavel A. Guest

    If there's a hardware contact issue, it indeed can prevent installation of
    BT drivers.
    In many Napa and earlier laptops, BT is connected to an internal USB port
    So, when BT is turned off (by a switch, or electronically) , the system does
    not see it at all, and therefore Windows can not install the driver.
    When you solve the contact (?) issue, XP SP2/3 will detect the BT device
    and install the drivers automagically.
    The BT adapter will then show up in device manager.

    You can't force Windows to install BT driver, unless BT is visible in device
    manager.

    Regards,
    --PA

    Pavel A., May 16, 2008
  5. CatChase

    smlunatick Guest

    On May 15, 5:58 pm, CatChase <>
    wrote:
    > Except that it is out of warranty.
    >
    > I just wanted to know how to do the "install bluetooth stack" that I did on
    > my Toshiba ages ago.  I was thinking that was why the bluetooth icon was not
    > present.
    >
    > I suppose I could open it up and check its innards to see if a wire is not
    > attached somewhere.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >

    > "Pavel A." wrote:
    > > "CatChase" <> wrote in message
    > > > My Dell 600m is equipped with a bluetooth module.  HOWEVER, I cannot
    > > > locate
    > > > any bluetooth icons in the control panel or device manager.  Any attempt
    > > > download the drivers results in a cancellation of the installation due to
    > > > not
    > > > being able to "turn on" the bluetooth device using fn+F2.  Pressing fn+F2
    > > > operates the wireless G network card.

    > > > What do I have to do to activate the bluetooth device?  This is one of
    > > > three
    > > > duplicate notebooks ordered at the same time with the same configuration,
    > > > but
    > > > only this one has bluetooth issues.

    > > So this one is defective. Call your vendor and request a replacement.

    > > Good luck,
    > > --PA- Hide quoted text -

    If the BT hardware is not working anymore (or never) then you can
    always add a BT dongle via USB.

    smlunatick, May 16, 2008