    procedures I have seen seem to vary widely.

    thanx
    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Jan 28, 2004

  2. Jimmy Dean

    philo Guest

    "Jimmy Dean" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > The old serial modems were easily tested in Control Panel, Modems,
    > Diagnostics, More Info but how does one test an ADSL modem? They are
    > not included in Control Panel AFAIK.
    >
    > For that matter, is there any standard procedure for manually
    > installing an ADSL modem? i.e not using the supplied CD.The few
    > procedures I have seen seem to vary widely.
    >
    > thanx
    > jd

    I check mine by entering 192.168.1.1 into my browser

    philo, Jan 28, 2004

  3. Jimmy Dean

    toyalP2 Guest

    You can do a ping from a dos prompt.
    Start-Run-cmd-OK and at the dos prompt type ping 192.168.0.1 (if this is
    your IP, if not change it)
    If you want to check the download and upload speeds you can go to:
    www.dslreports.com
    You can get a lot of info about your system there.
    There's a small program that you can download to check your IP, is the
    good old Winpconfig that XP don't have, you can download it at
    microsoft, if you can't find it there get it at the link site in my
    signature.

    good luck
    --
    For help, downloads and fun: http://www.my-forums.com

    toyalP2, Jan 28, 2004
  4. Jimmy Dean

    Boomer Guest

    toyalP2, <> wrote:

    > You can do a ping from a dos prompt.
    > Start-Run-cmd-OK and at the dos prompt type ping 192.168.0.1 (if
    > this is your IP, if not change it)
    > If you want to check the download and upload speeds you can go
    > to: www.dslreports.com
    > You can get a lot of info about your system there.
    > There's a small program that you can download to check your IP,
    > is the good old Winpconfig that XP don't have, you can download
    > it at microsoft, if you can't find it there get it at the link
    > site in my signature.
    >
    > good luck

    Hi
    Could you please include some of the message you are responding to,
    in your reply?

    It makes it difficult to follow a thread when you write a reply and
    others
    have no clue on what the question or discussion was about.

    Further info:

    Thank You Very Much :)

    Boomer, Jan 28, 2004
  5. Jimmy Dean

    Flaccid Guest

    Boomer wrote:
    > toyalP2, <> wrote:
    >
    >> You can do a ping from a dos prompt.
    >> Start-Run-cmd-OK and at the dos prompt type ping 192.168.0.1 (if
    >> this is your IP, if not change it)
    >> If you want to check the download and upload speeds you can go
    >> to: www.dslreports.com
    >> You can get a lot of info about your system there.
    >> There's a small program that you can download to check your IP,
    >> is the good old Winpconfig that XP don't have, you can download
    >> it at microsoft, if you can't find it there get it at the link
    >> site in my signature.
    >>
    >> good luck

    > Hi
    > Could you please include some of the message you are responding to,
    > in your reply?
    >
    > It makes it difficult to follow a thread when you write a reply and
    > others
    > have no clue on what the question or discussion was about.
    >
    > Further info:
    > http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote2.html
    > http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2000/06/14/quoting.html
    >
    > Thank You Very Much :)

    I assumed he was replying to the subject... makes perfect sense.

    Flaccid, Jan 28, 2004
  6. Jimmy Dean

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 20:02:20 -0600, "philo" <> wrote:

    >"Jimmy Dean" <> wrote in message
    >> The old serial modems were easily tested in Control Panel, Modems,
    >> Diagnostics, More Info but how does one test an ADSL modem? They are
    >> not included in Control Panel AFAIK.
    >>
    >> For that matter, is there any standard procedure for manually
    >> installing an ADSL modem? i.e not using the supplied CD.The few
    >> procedures I have seen seem to vary widely.
    >>
    >> thanx
    >> jd

    >I check mine by entering 192.168.1.1 into my browser

    Thanx, that makes sense.

    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Jan 29, 2004
  7. Jimmy Dean

    Sano Guest

    - "Flaccid" <> - spluttered in news:bv7vbj$ohf6k$1@ID-
    200043.news.uni-berlin.de:

    > Boomer wrote:
    >> toyalP2, <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> You can do a ping from a dos prompt.
    >>> Start-Run-cmd-OK and at the dos prompt type ping 192.168.0.1 (if
    >>> this is your IP, if not change it)
    >>> If you want to check the download and upload speeds you can go
    >>> to: www.dslreports.com
    >>> You can get a lot of info about your system there.
    >>> There's a small program that you can download to check your IP,
    >>> is the good old Winpconfig that XP don't have, you can download
    >>> it at microsoft, if you can't find it there get it at the link
    >>> site in my signature.
    >>>
    >>> good luck

    >> Hi
    >> Could you please include some of the message you are responding to,
    >> in your reply?
    >>
    >> It makes it difficult to follow a thread when you write a reply and
    >> others
    >> have no clue on what the question or discussion was about.
    >>
    >> Further info:
    >> http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote2.html
    >> http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2000/06/14/quoting.html
    >>
    >> Thank You Very Much :)

    > I assumed he was replying to the subject... makes perfect sense.

    Except that he left out the previous poster's solution, that's all.

    Makes perfectly no sense to me.

    It was also actually misposted. Replies are to a poster, not the F-ing
    thread. If a server drops a post, the thread turns to crap, eh?

    --
    * Would somebody
    please poke holes in

    Sano, Jan 29, 2004
  8. Jimmy Dean

    John Guest

    Sano wrote:
    > - "Flaccid" <> - spluttered in
    > news:bv7vbj$ohf6k$1@ID- 200043.news.uni-berlin.de:
    >
    >> Boomer wrote:

    >>> Hi
    >>> Could you please include some of the message you are responding to,
    >>> in your reply?
    >>>
    >>> It makes it difficult to follow a thread when you write a reply and
    >>> others
    >>> have no clue on what the question or discussion was about.
    >>>
    >>> Further info:
    >>> http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote2.html
    >>> http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2000/06/14/quoting.html
    >>>
    >>> Thank You Very Much :)

    >> I assumed he was replying to the subject... makes perfect sense.

    > Except that he left out the previous poster's solution, that's all.
    >
    > Makes perfectly no sense to me.
    >
    > It was also actually misposted. Replies are to a poster, not the F-ing
    > thread. If a server drops a post, the thread turns to crap, eh?

    His reply had nothing to do with another post -- it was a standalone reply.

    John, Jan 29, 2004
  9. Jimmy Dean

    Sano Guest

    - "John" <> - spluttered in

    >> It was also actually misposted. Replies are to a poster, not the
    >> F-ing thread. If a server drops a post, the thread turns to crap,
    >> eh?

    > His reply had nothing to do with another post -- it was a standalone
    > reply.

    <Plonk> Please learn to read.

    --
    * Would somebody