    I have a program that needs to run under DOS. How do I get to DOS using
    this operating system?

    "The grammar..." (paraphrase of Col. Kurtz, _Apocalypse Now_)
    Jim Chip, Jun 21, 2003

  2. Jim Chip

    °Mike° Guest

    Well, if it isn't 'Dr. Charles Brandt', pretending to be Jimchip.

    FOAD, spammer.

    On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 22:37:24 GMT, in
    <>
    Jim Chip scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD
    °Mike°, Jun 21, 2003

  3. Jim Chip

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Jun 21, 2003
  4. Jim Chip

    Jimchip Guest

    In article <3ef4df54$0$79544$>, |@|.| says...
    > Jim Chip wrote:
    > >
    > > I have a program that needs to run under DOS. How do I get to DOS using
    > > this operating system?

    > http://www.bootdisk.com/bootlist/094.htm#5

    Thanx Plato! You're the best! :)
    Jimchip, Jun 22, 2003
  5. Jim Chip

    Jimchip Guest

    On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 23:43:45 +0100, °Mike° wrote:
    > Well, if it isn't 'Dr. Charles Brandt', pretending to be Jimchip.

    Clyde Benson isn't very good at anything, obviously.

    > FOAD, spammer.
    >

    > On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 22:37:24 GMT, in
    > <>
    > Jim Chip scrawled:
    >
    >>I have a program that needs to run under DOS. How do I get to DOS using
    >>this operating system?
    >>

    >>"The grammar..." (paraphrase of Col. Kurtz, _Apocalypse Now_)

    (lifted from /. Posted by jamie.)
    Jimchip, Jun 22, 2003
  6. Jim Chip

    ooyah Guest

    "Jimchip" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 22:37:24 GMT, Jim Chip wrote:
    > > I have a program that needs to run under DOS. How do I get to DOS using
    > > this operating system?

    > A pRoDiGy user
    >
    > --
    > Anyone outside my light-cone is dead to me. That's just a rule I have.
    > (lifted from /. Posted by jamie.)

    hello

    Q. How do I get to DOS using this operating system?
    A. Start > RUN > type CMD and press enter, what appears is a MS-DOS window -
    use HELP for commands available to you

    regards
    ooyah, Jun 22, 2003
  7. Jim Chip

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 23:14:23 -0000, in
    <>
    Jimchip scrawled:

    >On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 23:43:45 +0100, °Mike° wrote:
    >> Well, if it isn't 'Dr. Charles Brandt', pretending to be Jimchip.

    >Clyde Benson isn't very good at anything, obviously.

    Apparently not; I only encountered him for the first time
    the other day, and I wasn't fooled.

    <snip>

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD
    °Mike°, Jun 22, 2003
  8. Jim Chip

    trout Guest

    °Mike° wrote:

    > On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 23:14:23 -0000, in
    > <>
    > Jimchip scrawled:
    >
    >> On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 23:43:45 +0100, °Mike° wrote:
    >>> Well, if it isn't 'Dr. Charles Brandt', pretending to be Jimchip.

    >> Clyde Benson isn't very good at anything, obviously.

    > Apparently not; I only encountered him for the first time
    > the other day, and I wasn't fooled.

    The sad part is; he probably laboured over this Weapon of Limp
    Annoyance for a week in his Fortress of Stupidity.
    --
    "Damn, spammers are dumb."
    trout, Jun 22, 2003
  9. Jim Chip

    trout Guest

    Clyde the Forging Spammer wrote:

    > In article <3ef4df54$0$79544$>, |@|.| says...
    >> Jim Chip wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I have a program that needs to run under DOS. How do I get to DOS
    >>> using this operating system?

    >> http://www.bootlick.com/bootlick/094.htm#5

    > Thanx Plato! You're the best! :)

    Mr. Faq-loon; meet Mr. Spam-loon.
    --
    "I'm sure you boys will lots in common to chat about."
    trout, Jun 22, 2003
  10. Jim Chip

    Mara Guest

    On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 23:11:35 GMT, Jimchip wrote:

    >Thanx Plato! You're the best! :)

    Who are you trying to fool now, Clyde? As if you could.

    "You even make the below-average fuckwit look good."

    AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
    --glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r
    Mara, Jun 22, 2003
  11. Jim Chip

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 17:32:14 -0700, in
    <bd2teg$ol1mu$>
    trout scrawled:

    >°Mike° wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 23:14:23 -0000, in
    >> <>
    >> Jimchip scrawled:

    >>> Clyde Benson isn't very good at anything, obviously.

    >> Apparently not; I only encountered him for the first time
    >> the other day, and I wasn't fooled.

    > The sad part is; he probably laboured over this Weapon of Limp
    >Annoyance for a week in his Fortress of Stupidity.

    I wonder how much he made from that?

    --
    "Golf? No sir, prefer prison flog."
    °Mike°, Jun 22, 2003
  12. Jim Chip

    Jimchip Guest

    In article <MG5Ja.1319$>,
    says...
    > "Jimchip" <> wrote in message
    > > On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 22:37:24 GMT, Jim Chip wrote:
    > > > I have a program that needs to run under DOS. How do I get to DOS using
    > > > this operating system?

    > > A pRoDiGy user
    > >
    > > --
    > > Anyone outside my light-cone is dead to me. That's just a rule I have.
    > > (lifted from /. Posted by jamie.)

    > hello
    >
    > Q. How do I get to DOS using this operating system?
    > A. Start > RUN > type CMD and press enter, what appears is a MS-DOS window -
    > use HELP for commands available to you
    >
    > regards

    Thank you very much kind sir! You are a good person although I haven't
    figured out for what yet.

    As far as the rest of you worthless bunch goes may the fleas of a
    thousand camels infest your stinky crotches!
    Jimchip, Jun 22, 2003
  13. Jim Chip

    Jimchip Guest

    On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 20:39:08 GMT, Clyde Benson, impersonating Jimchip wrote:

    > As far as the rest of you worthless bunch goes may the fleas of a
    > thousand camels infest your stinky crotches!

    Now Clyde, you got your little peepee whacked last time. You don't want that
    to happen again, do you?

    (lifted from /. Posted by jamie.)
    Jimchip, Jun 22, 2003
  14. Jim Chip

    trout Guest

    Clyde the Forging Spammer wrote:
    > Thank you

    It says a great deal about you; that you also consider your name to
    be valueless.
    --
    "As is your worth as a human."
    trout, Jun 22, 2003
  15. Jim Chip

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 14:08:52 -0700, trout wrote:

    >Clyde the Forging Spammer wrote:
    >> Thank you

    > It says a great deal about you; that you also consider your name to
    >be valueless.

    It is.

    Mara, Jun 22, 2003
  16. Jim Chip

    fkasner Guest

    "Mara" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 14:08:52 -0700, trout wrote:

    XP has no DOS. You can boot from a floppy that has a DOS on it and thus
    avail yourself of DOS. Alternatively you can make another partition on your
    HD that has the necessary DOS boot materials (you can't find them in XP any
    more).
    FK
    fkasner, Jun 22, 2003
  17. Jim Chip

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 22:22:52 GMT, fkasner wrote:

    Go **** yourself with a red-hot poker, Clyde.

    "I'll bet you have to stand still to take a breath."

    >"Mara" <> wrote in message

    <snipped trollshit>

    Mara, Jun 22, 2003