    sell prints??

    I'm asked to find a photographer for my friend who is getting married in
    less than a month.

    peter, Jul 31, 2006

  2. peter wrote:
    > Some wedding photographers use digital cameras. Do they usually give
    > the original to the client, do they usually retouch the photos, do
    > they usually sell prints??
    >
    > I'm asked to find a photographer for my friend who is getting married
    > in less than a month.

    There seems to be a wide range, but from what I have seen the usual is
    the photographer will provide prints as their end product. Some will also
    provide a CD slide show and other products. Just ask.

    Generally there is little or no retouching of the candids; only the
    formals.

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia duit

    Joseph Meehan, Jul 31, 2006

  3. "Joseph Meehan" <> wrote in message

    > There seems to be a wide range, but from what I have seen the usual is
    > the photographer will provide prints as their end product. Some will also
    > provide a CD slide show and other products. Just ask.

    I would have thought that there would be increasing demand for photos in
    digital format. I'd much rather have a collection of photos to view on my
    pc than have a load of prints which need to be filed in cumbersome albums.

    Adrian Boliston, Jul 31, 2006
  4. peter

    Roy G Guest

    "Adrian Boliston" <> wrote in message
    > "Joseph Meehan" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> There seems to be a wide range, but from what I have seen the usual is
    >> the photographer will provide prints as their end product. Some will
    >> also provide a CD slide show and other products. Just ask.

    > I would have thought that there would be increasing demand for photos in
    > digital format. I'd much rather have a collection of photos to view on my
    > pc than have a load of prints which need to be filed in cumbersome albums.

    I suppose you could always Glue or Nail a Flat Panel Screen to the wall in
    your Lounge. There might be a few dead pixels after it has been showing the
    same picture for a month or two.

    Roy G

    Roy G, Jul 31, 2006
  5. peter

    Shawn Hirn Guest

    In article <pRrzg.1461$ee1.211@trnddc06>, "peter" <>
    wrote:

    > Some wedding photographers use digital cameras. Do they usually give the
    > original to the client, do they usually retouch the photos, do they usually
    > sell prints??
    >
    > I'm asked to find a photographer for my friend who is getting married in
    > less than a month.

    When I was preparing to shoot the photos at my sister's wedding last
    year, I found tons of helpful information just by doing a web search for
    "wedding photographer."

    Just do that search and visit the web sites that some wedding
    photographers host and you'll find all the info you need.

    Shawn Hirn, Jul 31, 2006
  6. Adrian Boliston wrote:
    > "Joseph Meehan" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> There seems to be a wide range, but from what I have seen the
    >> usual is the photographer will provide prints as their end product. Some
    >> will also provide a CD slide show and other products. Just ask.

    > I would have thought that there would be increasing demand for photos
    > in digital format. I'd much rather have a collection of photos to
    > view on my pc than have a load of prints which need to be filed in
    > cumbersome albums.

    I would guess they are going to be reluctant to give away full size
    files of the photos. After all them have traditionally made their money
    from selling prints. Few ever gave or sold their negatives. Full size
    files would be like the negatives.

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia duit

    Joseph Meehan, Aug 1, 2006
  7. peter

    SkipM Guest

    What we do, and I speak only for us, not for any other wedding
    photographers, is deliver a "flip book" of all the images from the wedding
    as the "proofs." Additionally, with some of our packages, we deliver a set
    of 4x6 "negatives" with rather low res that will print up to 4x6 but not
    much beyond. Alternately, we sell the full size "negatives" with the
    expectation that print sales will be minimal, at best. Album design is
    where we make up the difference.

    --
    Skip Middleton
    www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

    SkipM, Aug 1, 2006
  8. peter

    Guest

    Major issue: PAYMENT. Collections is problematic - at least for
    semipro photographers doing weddings; you may end up taking payment in
    used cars - like a neighbor who did this!
    If you don't get advance payment in wedding photography - or at
    least a BIG deposit - expect to get burned.

    , Aug 1, 2006