    --
    Gary Roach
    ADB Services

    Gary Roach, Jan 28, 2008

  2. Gary Roach

    Mike S. Guest

    In article <rYanj.15113$>,
    Gary Roach <> wrote:
    >I've seen lots of posts about how to copy copyrighted DVDs. I tried naively
    >copying the contents of several copyrighted DVDs using dd under Linux. The
    >copy invariably failed after a small number of bytes. I'm curious to know
    >how the copyright enforcement technology causes a low-level copy of this
    >sort to fail. Can anyone shed light on this? Thanks

    Well.

    CopyRIGHT enforcement is something that is in the domain of the legal
    profession, not computerists.

    If you're curious about digital copy protection strategies, here is a
    starting point:

    http://diveintomark.org/archives/2007/01/16/a-history-of-dvd-copy-protection

    Mike S., Jan 28, 2008

  3. Gary Roach

    Mitts Guest

    "Gary Roach" <> wrote in message
    > I've seen lots of posts about how to copy copyrighted DVDs. I tried
    > naively copying the contents of several copyrighted DVDs using dd under
    > Linux. The copy invariably failed after a small number of bytes. I'm
    > curious to know how the copyright enforcement technology causes a
    > low-level copy of this sort to fail. Can anyone shed light on this? Thanks
    >
    > --
    > Gary Roach
    > ADB Services

    if u copy somethin and RIAA finds out they send posse over and beat ur ass
    with a stick then **** ur wife and she likes it.

    Effective.

    Mitts, Jan 29, 2008
  4. Gary Roach

    GMAN Guest

    In article <%LOnj.22828$4w.13579@pd7urf2no>, "Mitts" <> wrote:

    >"Gary Roach" <> wrote in message
    >> I've seen lots of posts about how to copy copyrighted DVDs. I tried
    >> naively copying the contents of several copyrighted DVDs using dd under
    >> Linux. The copy invariably failed after a small number of bytes. I'm
    >> curious to know how the copyright enforcement technology causes a
    >> low-level copy of this sort to fail. Can anyone shed light on this? Thanks
    >>
    >> --
    >> Gary Roach
    >> ADB Services
    >>

    >if u copy somethin and RIAA finds out they send posse over and beat ur ass
    >with a stick then **** ur wife and she likes it.
    >
    >Effective.

    You forgot the part where they make you watch and you like it.

    GMAN, Jan 30, 2008