how do you turn a rar/par file into something useable?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ddrr, Sep 1, 2003.

  1. ddrr

    ddrr Guest

    ddrr, Sep 1, 2003

  2. ddrr

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Sep 1, 2003

  3. ddrr

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    You have to download all the RARs available plus the number of PARs to
    make up the full number in the set. Then run something like SmartPAR
    with "recover files" enabled. SmartPAR will check all the files, then
    if they are valid, will recreate the missing RARs.

    Like Magic, eh?

    jd
    Jimmy Dean, Sep 2, 2003
  4. ddrr

    d.c. Guest

    d.c., Sep 3, 2003
  5. ddrr

    ddrr Guest

    That was the easy part - it was what to do with the files after they
    were checked and verified. I finally got a program called Power
    Archiver (it was suggested here) that turned them into useable files.
    thanks for everyones help

    ddrr, Sep 3, 2003