How do you swear in a ghost?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Apr 15, 2010.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    richard, Apr 15, 2010

  2. richard

    Mike Yetto Guest

    richard <> writes and having writ moves on.
    > http://www.seattlepi.com/national/1110ap_us_odd_dead_election_winner.html?source=mypi
    >
    > Could make a nice little hollywood movie plot here. But really, if you want
    > to show the opponent that he's just not right for the job, you vote for the
    > guy who died. Yep. Even though the man's name was kept on the ballot, he
    > won the election, after he had died. Weeks after. Ok, so like what do we do
    > now? Install the man as Mayor?

    This happens often and for good reasons. I will spell them out
    as you are not quite capable of this level of thought.

    Election laws do not allow changes to ballots close to an
    election with local interpretations of close. Therefore, the
    candidate who dies can't be replaced by someone else.

    This candidate's opponent is seen by the electorate as not worthy
    of the position, but there would be no one else to elect if the
    dead candidate were removed.

    The election then becomes a choice between accepting someone not
    wanted or waiting for an actual choice in a replacement election.

    Mike "was that so painful, RtS?" Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Apr 15, 2010