    Kue2 Guest

    How do You stop Vista from Blocking unsigned drivers? I want to beta test a
    program & Vista keeps blocking the unsigned drivers.
    Kue2, Jan 25, 2007

  2. F8 during starup and select the option to turn off the unsigned driver
    check. This is not a persistent setting from one reboot to the next.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 25, 2007

  3. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Thanks Colin ! that works great!

    Kue2, Jan 25, 2007
  4. You're welcome.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 25, 2007
  5. Kue2

    chinga69 Guest

    chinga69, Jan 25, 2007
  6. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Thank-you!!

    Kue2, Jan 25, 2007
  7. Chinga69:
    YOU ARE GOD!
    You achieved what everybody else said was impossible.
    Now I can use my Soundblaster 24bit unsigned drivers without having to hit
    F8 on every reboot!
    Carlos
    P.S.: Are you by chance the same chinga69 that was one week ago in the Avast
    Antivirus forum?

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jan 25, 2007
  8. Kue2

    Jane C Guest

    Nice indeed :) Thanks.

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)

    Jane C, Jan 26, 2007
  9. Kue2

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    Just curious, which drivers are you using for you SB 24?
    I tried the (unsigned) Beta 2 ones from Creative with mine and got horrible,
    hissy sound. I've been using the (signed) XP x64 ones which work fine.

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Jan 26, 2007
  10. Aaron:
    I am using those old ones, dated Nov 21, 2005.
    Only two channel sound, not horrible, not hissy.
    Are you using the XP x64 ones dated Aug 1, 2005?
    How did you install them (exe, inf, etc.)?
    Are you getting 5.1 sound?
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jan 26, 2007
  11. Kue2

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    I am using XP x64 ones dated 7/12/2005 (might appear with a newer date on
    their site?). Just installed through the device manager (inf).
    I'm just getting two-channel sound but that's OK because that's the setup I
    have. Also, the microphone input does not work. But otherwise, everything
    sounds fine.

    I'm a little disappointed because they recently released a new set of
    drivers for the SB 24 and some lower level Audigy cards, but only for 32-bit
    Vista. Grr... :p

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Jan 26, 2007
  12. Colin:
    There is a greater range of options.
    I found these two pages on MSDN
    ENABLING TEST SIGNING
    That is the one suggested by "chinga69"

    Installing an Unsigned Driver During Development and Test (Windows Vista)
    This one even includes a registry modification to allow unsigned drivers to
    load on a permanent basis.

    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jan 26, 2007
  13. > Installing an Unsigned Driver During Development and Test (Windows Vista)
    > This one even includes a registry modification to allow unsigned drivers
    > load on a permanent basis.

    Registry settings mentioned in article you are referring to control how
    unsigned drivers are handled WHEN kernel debugger is attached to the system.
    Attaching debugger automatically disables driver signing enforcement so if
    developer wants to use debugger AND check for problems associated with the
    fact that drivers are not signed at the same time, s/he can use these
    registry settings to control driver signing checks. However they have
    nothing to do with allowing unsigned drivers to load on permanent basis.

    --
    Alexander Suhovey
    Alexander Suhovey, Jan 26, 2007
  14. Alexander:
    Thanks for pointing that out.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jan 26, 2007
  15. Kue2

    chinga69 Guest

    chinga69, Jan 27, 2007
  16. I just wanted to know whether you were the guy that helped Avast figure out
    what was goint on with their Antivirus and Vista x64.
    Nice participation there!
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jan 28, 2007
  17. Kue2